Chapter 11

A man, who seems to be in his late thirties, was standing by the large windows and peering to the world outside. A door opened behind the man, he turned around to see a silhouette of a man standing in the doorway of his study.

"Dakota," The man in the doorway greeted as he slowly walked into his master's study, "we have heard word of the Volturi coming our way to our territory."

"For what reason did you hear, Carter," Dakota asked his second in command, Carter, walking towards him.

"Just to talk," Carter answered, "I hope." Dakota nodded and walked over to the window again, his thoughts about the vampires disgusted Dakota to an endless amount as he knows how dangerous the vampires can be to his pack and his food supply.

"Do you know what about they want to discuss, Carter?" Dakota asked, still looking straight ahead as he started having flashbacks when the Romanian Coven "just wanted to talk things out" and then ended up with a lot of Dakota's men and women killed, and killing the two hunters who by chance were there to observe the pack for The Hunter's Society.

"I believe that they are coming to discuss the recent attacks that the surrounding vampire covens are having," Carter answered, still watching his leader, and creator. The respect that Carter has for Dakota was great since this werewolf leader saved him from death's door when he was a hunter, which was a few centuries ago, however there was also greed consuming Carter as well.

Dakota processed this, making a plan on how to avoid fighting the Volturi, however there was always that chance of another war. Dakota straightened his back and turned to Carter and walked over to him, "We'll be fine," Dakota reassured his second in command, "If it comes down to a fight we'll be fine. However, please train the pack as if we are going to war."

"Yes, Dakota," Carter answered, he bowed to his leader and then exit the room, leaving Dakota alone with his thoughts once more.

If there is a war...

Dakota's words echoed in Carter's mind, if this encounter does become a war Carter wondered if a) who would come to the Volturi's aid  since all of the surrounding vampire covens have been butchered and destroyed, and b) If he will become alpha if Dakota expires. Carter blamed the vampires for ruining his life as a respected hunter, but he also blamed Brenton Smith for abandoning him when he needed him the most when he was attacked. Carter hated Brenton with a burning passion after that day, after he was forced to throw away his dreams of becoming a full fledged hunter and become one of the hunted of The Hunter's Society.

As Carter walked into the main room where all of the lycans were waiting for the news, a sinister smile spread on Carter's face.

"We are going to war," Carter announced, "Let's prepare for this fight."