Chapter 8

After Brenton's training session, Aro has summoned him to the throne room along with Alec, Demetri, Felix, and Jane. Brenton walked into the throne room along with Demetri and Felix and stood in front of the three leaders of the Volturi. Aro, who was sitting in his throne conversing with the other leaders, glanced over towards the five guards that were standing in front of them.

Aro stood up and held up his hands open in a greeting manner. "Welcome," he greeted, "I have a mission for you to do and requires each of your specialties." Aro glanced over at Brenton, "This mission is very dangerous since it involves a dangerous pack of lycans that have been killing off a few of our allied covens." Brenton's eyes narrowed, he knew the pack that Aro was speaking of and knew that these lycans should not be messed with unless you wanted to die. "Luckily, we have someone here that knows the lycans leader at a friendly manner," Aro continued, "Is that correct, Brenton?"

Jane's eyes went wide and peered over at Brenton as he cleared his throat, "That is correct, Aro," Brenton confirmed, " The leader of that pack happened to be one of the Romanian Coven's prisoners when they were in power and they managed to escape during the revolt between the Volturi and Romanian war."

"And where were you during this time, Brenton?" Caius hissed, peering down at Brenton, "You were on of their guards at the time?" 

"Never," Brenton answered, " I was human at that time, Caius." Caius's eyes narrowed.

"Well, you are familiar with the territory and their pack so you will be perfect to assist the others in how to defeat them, Brenton," Aro confirmed, ignoring Caius's judgemental glare, "unless, you are unwilling to assist with this task."

"I am willing to assist, Aro," Brenton said, "It's been a long time ago since I've seen them though, or observed them." Aro nodded and smiled, and walked over to Brenton and held out his hand.

"May I?" Aro asked, smiling at Brenton, knowing very well that Brenton cannot refuse. With a slight pause, Brenton placed his hand on Aro's palm.

"Absolutely."