Chapter 15

Title picture: Vampire Knight and belongs to Matsuri Hino

________________________________________________________________________________

*** Cursing ahead beware***

Brenton walked into Jane's room and closed the door behind him and sighed. "I owe you an explanation, Jane," Brenton whispered, "Emmaline means nothing to me, and I have no interest in running back to her because of the history I have with her."

Jane just stood there, staring at him with uncertainty and betrayal, "She doesn't have the same mindset as you, Brenton," Jane muttered under her breath, "She still thinks you'll go back to her at a drop of a hat because I am only a distraction of what you truly feel about her."

Brenton stared at Jane and groaned, "Emmaline came in here to talk to you, didn't she?" Brenton asked, angrily, "When did she come in here?"

"A moment ago," Jane whispered, "She told me that she had your child but you abandoned her."

"Jane, I am telling you this now that was I am not the father of that child," Brenton clarified, stepping closer to Jane, "Emmaline had an affair and got pregnant with that man's child the day before her and I were suppose to get married and she abandoned that child because she didn't want anything to do with the Hunter's Society."

"Then who is?" Jane yelled, "Who is the father then?"

"Carter," Brenton answered, blankly, "Carter is the father."

Jane sat down on the armchair and put her head in her hands and dried sob, Brenton sat across from her and sighed. "I want you, Jane, only you," Brenton whispered looking at his feet, " I want you to realize that I am deeply in love with you, I want to be with you as my mate." He looked up from his feet to see Jane staring at him with uncertainty once more and sighed once more and got up.

"I'm sorry, Jane," Brenton apologized, " I'll take my leave now to leave you alone to think," He walked over to the door, his hand reaching to the door knob.

"Wait," Jane whispered loud enough for Brenton to hear, "why didn't you tell me about you and Emmaline?"

Brenton released the handle and turned around to look at Jane, sympathetically, "I didn't tell you because I felt it didn't matter," Brenton murmured, " but I was wrong, Jane, terribly wrong and seeing the hurt and betrayal in your eyes hurts me dearly because I know I caused you pain." Jane got up from the arm chair, walked over to Brenton and took his face into her palms and placed her lips on his so gently. When Jane pulled away with her hands still on both sides of his face Brenton pulls Jane closer to him and puts his lips right onto hers, deeply and passionately, Jane's hands wrapped around the back of his neck as their kiss lengthen.

They didn't realize the door opened until a shriek sounded throughout the room, Jane and Brenton stopped and turned to see Emmaline staring in disbelief and anger. "How dare you steal him from me?" She shrieked, glaring at Jane, "He is mine!"

"I was never yours, Emmaline," Brenton growled, "You had an affair with Carter on the eve of our wedding, why would I stay with you after that? Then finding out that you were carrying Carter's child a day later after the wedding when I found you two in bed having sex! You and him have been having an affair long before our wedding date for you to be nine weeks pregnant and then try to lie to me stating its mine, you have some nerve!" Brenton continued, "Then you try to sabotage my relationship with Jane because I rejected you. You know, you are a terrible, horrid, unfaithful bitch and I want nothing to do with you."

"Fuck you!" Emmaline screeched and ran out of the room, sobbing,while running to her room, "And fuck the Volturi girl too!" Brenton rolled his eyes as Jane and him watched Emmaline take her exit down the hall, then they left the room to Dakota's room where the others were. As they entered, the Volturi guard and Dakota Fang just stared at Brenton and Jane with amusement.

"Let me guess," Dakota smirked, "She tried to ruin your life again."

"Yup, and try to sabotage my relationship with Jane," Brenton groaned, annoyed, "She needs to fuck off."

"She will," Dakota answered, "Just need another unfortunate soul to please her since Carter was her former love interest. Well, I mean, they did have a child together after all so I thought it was quite fitting,  you know."

"Where is the child now?" Brenton asked, "Is he safe?"

"He is definitely safe," Dakota comfort, "He is now part of the Hunter's society now as the first lycan hybrid to be a hunter."

"That's wonderful," Brenton exclaimed, "Times have really changed then, usually the society only wanted just humans, spell casters, and shapeshifters, well when I was a hunter." Dakota nodded in agreement and smiled.

"Thank you for helping us during the fight," Dakota thanked, "My pack is in your debt."

"And thank you for telling us about the other former covens and what took place," Alec thanked and nodded, "Aro will be pleased to know what happened and that the one that caused this damage has been destroyed."

"Heal well, my friend," Brenton bowed and took Jane's hand and lead her out of them room while the others followed them out. 

Once out Alec turned to face his guard, "Lets go home," He exclaimed.

"Gladly," Demetri and Felix exclaimed together and race each other down the hall, laughing.

"What a bunch of dumb asses," Alec muttered.