Chapter 13

Carter's eyes turned cold and then started to glow a greenish-blue, his cold expression started to shift in a terror filling matter as it started to shift into a canine-like form. Carter crutch in his now transforming into his lycan form as he stared down Dakota Fang with full of hatred and lunged at his leader, then the pack followed suit and started to attack one another. Brenton watched Dakota and Carter try to tear each other to shreds while the other Volturi guards were about to flee.

"We got to go," Alec ordered, "Now!"

"No," Brenton yelled, "We need to help Dakota." Alec looked at Felix, Demetri and Jane and gave annoyed sigh and peered back at Brenton and gave in.

"Fine," Alec gave in, sighing, he looked over at his guards, "We are Dakota's allies for this fight, let's go." Demetri and Felix looked at each other and smirked and then got into position and pounced into the action of the fight, while Jane and Brenton looked at each other with uncertainty and fear. Alec used his sensory deprivation mist over to the two shifted lycans charging towards him, taking away both of their senses one by one, but what he didn't realize was that there are three lycans charging behind Alec.

Jane ran over to aid her brother and peered at the three lycans coming towards him and focused on one of them. "Pain," she whispered and one of the lycans fell to the ground howling in pain and whimpering as the other two lycans continued to charge towards her and Alec, growling. Brenton looked over at Jane and ran over to her and shielded her with his body from the trauma that was coming their way, two of Dakota's trusted followers leaped into action as they fought with the opposing side.

Jane touched Brenton's shoulder, he turned around and smiled at her then looked over to the lycans who were fighting against each other then his attention went straight to Dakota and Carter. Demetri and Felix jumped on the lycans who Alec's sensory deprivation mist was wrapped around a few seconds before the boys leaped in to take them out once and for all. Alec and Brenton looked at each other and then ran to assist Dakota, whom was now covered in bite marks, scratches, and his blood and looking weak and lethargic. Brenton pounced on top of Carter and flicked him away from Dakota so Alec can use his mist to make Carter's senses go away so they can destroy him. Carter's bared, sharp teeth buried down into Brenton's arm and flinged him at Alec causing the two to hit the ground hard enough to cause a crack in the both men, Alec and Brenton looked at each other and helped each other to get up not realizing that Carter was biting into Dakota's neck to kill him. Demetri ran over to aid Alec and Brenton, he pat Brenton shoulder and nodded towards his comrade, then looked at Alec and nodded. Brenton looked straight ahead as he and Demetri started to charge at Carter full blown and Demetri grabbed and broke Carter's jaw as Brenton shoved Carter across the field causing a tree to break and crush some of the lycans underneath,  a howl erupted throughout the forest as Jane used her pain illusion onto Carter before Alec could take his senses.

As Carter whimpering, and howling in agonizingly pain as Jane walked over to him glaring him down, "Don't worry, sweetheart," Jane mocked, "it'll all end soon for you." She looked over at Brenton and looked back at Carter, "And for hurting my mate, I take this as a personal offense towards the Volturi and to me," Jane hissed, her words as sharp as knives, "I don't care if you threaten to kill me, but threatening to kill my brother, my colleagues, and my mate is a different story." Carter cried out a howl in pain as Jane continued to make him in agonizing pain, her eyes were coal black with hate and anger.

"Jane," Brenton whispered, "Stop." He went over and he wrapped his arms around Jane from behind and held her until he felt her relax enough for her to stop. "It's not worth it, Jane," He continued, "it is not worth it at all." Jane closed her eyes and leaned in closer to Brenton's chest and sighed.

"Guys," Felix interrupted and shrugged, " sorry to interrupt you two but we killed Carter." A howl erupted throughout the forest as Dakota turned into his human form and covered in cuts, bruises, and bite marks that were still seeping in blood.

"Thank you," Dakota whispered as he grimaced at the pain of his severe wounds, "Thank you for helping us."

"Your welcome, Dakota," Alec acknowledged, and nodded, "It wasn't my idea, it was Brenton that saved your life." Dakota peered passed Alec to Brenton Smith, and walked towards him and Jane.

"Well, Brenton, I am very surprise to see you again," Dakota chuckled, "I thought you ran off to fetch back up to take out the Romanian Coven." Dakota then frowned, "But I see that they got to you first unfortunately, sorry I didn't intervene I was new to the alpha role and coward away from saving you. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Dakota," Brenton comforted the leader, "You had a job to do, which was to protect your pack from harms way which I respect you for. I hope on that day that you didn't consider the Hunter's Society a threat to you, we just wanted to help and offer our assistance with what you and your pack were dealing with but that backfired quickly. I wish there were more hunters to aid you that day, I wish I thought that through, But I remember Carter telling the master hunters to not to bother."

Dakota smiled weakly and placed his hand on Brenton's shoulder, then Dakota's sight went black as he fell into Brenton's arms.

"He is losing too much blood," a voice shouted out, "We need to bring him back to the manor now!"