Chapter 4

"Stop, He's my mate!!" 

Demetri and Felix loosen their grip on Brenton's arms and looked at the source of the cry.

It was Jane. 

The three masters looked at one another and stared at Jane, the most powerful vampire, and Aro looked at Marcus for a response to hearing differently if it was false what the young girl was saying.

"Marcus, is it true?" Caius asked sharply, peering at Marcus. 

Marcus sighed and nodded, "It is true, that is Jane's mate."  Cauis let out a frustrated hiss, and glared at his captured prisoner with full of hatred and annoyance.

Aro walked over to Jane who was looking at Brenton with fear and confusion and then looked at her master, the one who rescued her and her brother a long time ago during the Witch Trails. Aro took Jane's hand and held it in his cold ones, and sighed a wave of disappointment went through Aro as he knew then and there he couldn't kill Brenton or he'll loss his main line of defense. Jane's face was pained with guilt and fear, this is the first time that she felt that she betrayed her master and her coven.

Jane looked up at her master and if she was human she would burst into tears. "My child, I am not disappointed with you," Aro whispered softly, he spoke to her like she was a child, "It is very certain that you care about this man, Brenton Smith, very much to intervene and stop this trail as you did."

"I'm very sorry, Master Aro-," Jane whimpered, her master put up his hand to stop her.

"Please, let me finish, Child," Aro interrupted her harshly, looking down on her with a smothering, intimidating stare, "I am disappointed however that this man, who is YOUR mate, is allied with our enemy coven and that him living means that our coven is in danger because if he was to be destroyed I would have lost one of my extraordinary and powerful head guards because of this event." 

An evil-cunning smirk reappeared on Cauis's face as he hoped to see the end of Brenton Smith in the hands of his coven co-leader, Aro. Jane's eyes went panicked as she looked at Brenton with pain, hurt, and even more confusion, and looked back at Aro once more with a pleading look.

"I have another idea, Brother," Marcus mused, looking at Aro boringly, "Why don't Brenton join our coven?" Aro looked back at Marcus with interest as Caius glared at Marcus with distaste.

"You think having an enemy be part of our coven is a good idea, Brother?" Caius hissed, continuing to glare at Marcus with absolute disgust, he glanced at Aro with a pleading look, "Aro, please, you must destroy Brenton Smith, he is a threat to the safety of this coven!"

Marcus glanced at Caius with amusement and looked at Aro once more. "How is he suppose to help the enemy if he is here within our walls? He won't be able to escape nor will attempt to leave our sight and if he does he will be put into the dungeons and be tortured for his miss doings. Also Aro, maybe he can be our bait, think about it, if he is an alliance with the Romanian Coven then they will come looking for him and if they come here we can wipe them out."

Aro looked hopeful, and peered at Brenton who was held by Demetri and Felix just stood straight staring back. Aro let out a heavy sigh, "Brenton, I want to make another offer with you, I want you to join my coven, to prove your innocence."

"And what if I refuse?" Brenton bitterly asked, staring back at Aro.

"A consequence of your actions," Aro answered simply, staring right back at Brenton.

"So it's either a death or life situation, isn't it?" Brenton muttered under his breathe, his arms still held by the two high-ranked guards. Brenton peered over at Jane and sighed.

"Yes, very much so a death or life situation, Brenton," Aro agreed , nodding his head, "Then the next question is -." "I'll join", Brenton whispered. Aro stopped and looked at him with surprise.

"What?" Aro asked, surprised.

Brenton sighed, "Aro, I'll join your coven to prove my innocence." An angry hiss rang through out the room and Aro turned to see Cauis fuming with complete and utter anger while Marcus watched Cauis with amusement. Cauis stood up and stormed out of the throne room with two of his guards followed after him.

"Well," Aro clapped," Demetri and Felix, please let go of our new member of the guard, please," On cue Demetri and Felix let Brenton go.

Brenton was free.

Well, to an extent.

" Well Brenton, we have a lot of work to do with you, so I will have Jane show you to your room," Aro said as he and Marcus started to leave the room, " I am sure that you are very tired from today,  my friend, so tomorrow will be your first day of training." And then they were gone.

Jane walked over to Brenton, "Please follow me, Brenton Smith, to your room," Jane cleared her throat and started to walk towards the double doors of the throne room, Brenton without a word followed after her to where ever she may lead him.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hi everyone! I am so sorry for the extremely late update!!!! Thank you so much and have a wonderful day/night!! :)