Chapter 21

Brenton walked down the empty hallways in silence, as his mind went to the image of a young girl with short, bouncing, curly golden brown hair as her forest green eyes shimmered as she looked behind her at Brenton, smiling and happy.

"Oh, Clara," Brenton whispered at the memory of his little sister, "I am so so sorry." Then he reached the room where Jane is to and opened the door to see his mate sitting there with her arm resting on the the arm of the loveseat watching the TV screen.

"Who is Clara?" Without hesitation Jane asked Brenton, with her crimson eyes on the TV screen, "Is that another love affair you had before me?"

"You still don't trust me, Jane?" Brenton whispered, disappointed, " We've been through this, Emmaline was an arranged engagement by my family when I was human, she was the only romantic love interest before you, there was no one else."

"Bullshit," Jane cried as she stood up and ran past her mate, dry sobbing once more, "I am tired of these secrets." Brenton let out a sharp sigh and felt annoyance and anger at Jane's accusation towards him, he turned on his heels on followed after her as she slammed the door behind her and locked the door on him.

"For fuck sake, Jane," Brenton grumbled under his breath as he rested his back on Jane's closed, locked door as he waited for his mate to calm down. As Brenton waited patiently for his mate to open the door, Santiago walked up the hallway past Brenton and paused.

"We need you and Jane to the throne room now," Santiago said loud enough for Jane to hear, "We have a new member joining us so we need the head guards to meet her."

"Perfect," Brenton responded, nodding his head in response, "We'll be down to the throne room shortly. Is Demetri, Felix and Alec been notified?"

"Demetri and Felix have been notified, Brenton," Santiago answered, "Just need to notify Alec now."

"Excellent," Brenton answered, "Good work." Santiago nodded and went to summon Alec to the throne room to meet the new member of the guard.

"I'll meet you to the throne room, Jane," Brenton whispered loud enough for Jane to hear, "I love you and see you in the throne room." Then Brenton walked down the hallway to the throne room, where Demetri and Felix were waiting in the lobby for him, Jane, and Alec.

"Where is Jane?" Felix asked looking up at Brenton as Demetri was reading a magazine with little interest.

"We had a disagreement," Brenton answered, "However she should be out shortly."

"What now?" Demetri asked, lowering the magazine again, "If you don't mind me asking."

"She thinks that I had another love interest other then Emmaline," Brenton sighed, defeated as he plopped down next to Felix.

"Well, did you?" Felix asked, interested.

"No," Brenton answered plainly, "Sure I mean I was thinking about someone from my past but there was no feeling like that whats so ever."

"What is her name?" Demetri asked, as Jane and Alec entered the lobby.

"Who are you talking about?" Alec interrupted, annoyed.

"No one," Demetri answered quickly and got up, Felix and Brenton followed suit and got up from their places.

"Good," Alec ordered, "Let's go then."

Alec and Jane walked ahead of the three boys down to the throne room double doors, Santiago then opened the door of the throne rooms for the head guards. As they entered through the doors, a petite young woman stood in front of the three masters to her back on to Brenton and the others. The young woman had curly golden brown hair that was shoulder length with a slim body figure, Aro clapped his hands together when he caught site of his head guards.

"Oh, young one, I want you to meet my head guards," Aro introduced to the new member, "These will be your superiors during your training and your time here."

"Thank you, Aro," The young woman's voice was soft and gentle with a hint of an English accent, then she turned to look at Brenton, Demetri, Felix, Alec, and Jane. She looked at each one of her superiors until her eyes looked on Brenton's face, surprise radiated on her angelic face.

"Brenton?" The young woman whispered, "Is that really you?"

"Clara," Brenton whispered, confused, "What are you doing here?"

"Answer a question with a question," Clara muttered, as she rolled her forest green eyes, "You obviously haven't changed one bit, other then the scary crimson eyes." Jane glared at Brenton with annoyance and huffed with anger, Clara looked past Brenton to look at Jane with amusement and looked back at Brenton.

"So you know each other, Brenton?" Aro asked, smiling at his new addition with interest.

"I thought you were dead," Brenton said to Clara, ignoring Aro's question completely, "What did you do to yourself?"

"I'm a witch," Clara answered," dumb ass."

"Don't talk to me like that, Clara," Brenton growled, "Behave yourself."

"I am not a child anymore," Clara hissed, folding her arms and glaring at the side of the room.

"You are my little sister," Brenton hissed back, "So I am only telling you this once more, behave yourself."

"Hold up," Felix interrupted, holding both of his hands up, "You guys are siblings?"

"Yes," Brenton and Clara said together, glaring at each other as Clara kept her arms folded and her eyes on Brenton. Jane and Alec looked at each other and then at Brenton and Clara as the two siblings were having a staring contest, Jane then felt immediate guilt wash over her as she remembered accusing her mate of something that was false, she wanted to run to him and apologize while embracing Brenton.

"Um, Brenton," Alec managed to speak, looking at Clara, "I now get it."

"Get what, Alec," Brenton growled, not looking at Alec.

"Brenton, your sister is my blood singer," Alec whispered, Brenton then broke his gaze from his sister and looked over at Alec in disbelief as the three other head guards looked at each other.

"You Bastard!" Brenton hissed as he lunged at Alec's throat.

"Oh this is going to be good," Felix muttered as Brenton ran at Alec with his hands reaching for his throat, as Demetri ran to stop Brenton and Jane was next to Clara holding her in place so she doesn't intervene.