Chapter 12

I remember this forest.

"Well, this forest hasn't changed much," Brenton muttered to himself, forgetting Alec was next to him.

"You were here before?" Alec asked, suspicious rose in his voice.

Brenton hesitated, then answered, "Yes, when I was human."

"Why would a human have any business here in the forest?" Alec asked.

"Well," Brenton answered, hesitantly," I was a hunter in my human life."

"Like an animal hunter?" Felix jumped into the conversation.

A nervous laugh escaped Brenton and answered nervously, " A Lycan and Vampire Hunter with The Hunter Society." Shock shut through the head guard with Brenton's response, this reaction was expected from any supernatural being that is usually the target of the hunt.

"So, you use to hunt us?" Alec sneered.

"Use to," Brenton muttered, "I never enjoyed the hunt, it was just orders that were given to me." Brenton annoyed stared at Alec, as Demetri, Felix, and Jane watched the overflowing tension between the two men explode. "Sort of how you are like now..., Alec," Brenton hissed, glaring Alec down, " except the difference between you and me, you enjoy the task handed to you, and the hunt itself." Alec saw red and lost control and proceeded to attack Brenton in cold blood, running at him with has hands stretched out to grab his throat.  Panic took over Jane as she screamed at her brother to stop and attempted to rescue Brenton from his grip, but Felix and Demetri held her back.

"This is between your brother and Brenton," Demetri whispered to Jane, who was struggling to strangle her brother for harming her soul mate, as Brenton and Alec fought cold blooded in the distance trying to kill each other.

Jane then broke, dried sobbing heavily, "But, Brenton's my soul mate." The boys then went wide-eyes and looked at each other then at the other two in the distance, fighting to the death.

"Shit..." Demetri and Felix muttered, attempting to make a plan to stop the two idiots from killing each other without realizing they let Jane go when they saw her running towards the fight the exploded by her brother and her soul mate ( who still doesn't know). Jane went in the middle of the two boys with her arms spreed out staring down both of the boys.

"Enough," Jane growled at both Brenton and Alec, "This tension between you two is a weakness to our coven. You two need to stop this hatred towards each other before we get killed at someone else's hand because of your stupidity."

"Yeah, well you decided to save this hunter's life," Alec growled at his sister, full of disgust enriched his voice, "why would you do this to us? to me?"

"Jane stand back!" Brenton panicked, holding has hand out, "I don't want you to get hurt."

"I'll be okay my brother won't hurt me," Jane reassured, looking at Brenton in a comforting manner walking closer to her brother confidently. "Do you want to know why, Alec," Jane confessed to her brother, "It's because he's my soul mate and I don't want to loss him." Brenton and Alec's eyes went wide, looking at Jane wide-eyed. "I talked to Marcus because I was scared and confused about what was happening," Jane continued looking at her brother and Brenton, " I don't want to lose both of you, it would hurt me dearly if you hurt each other."

"You don't have to worry about that, sweetheart," a male, dominant voice echoed behind the five Volturi guards, "because you won't be alive to witness that." Then animal-like growls echoed throughout the forest, surrounding the Volturi guards.

"Well well well, look who we have here," the dominant voice announced, a man walked out of the shadows of the forest and a sinister smile manifested on his facial expression as he was in Brenton's sight of view, the man walked right over to Brenton with a smirk on his face, "Recognize me, Brenton?" 

Brenton's eyes went wide with confusion and fear. "I thought you were dead?" Brenton whispered, looking up at the werewolf, "I saw you get thrown into a boulder with your blood surrounding your body."

"I was turned right after you ran away," The man growled, "because you are a coward."

"There was nothing I could've done, Carter, if there was I would have helped you," Brenton confronted, "The Romanian Coven attacked me and turned me without hesitation."

"So you joined the Italian scums?" Carter snarled.

"Trust me, I was forced to," Brenton said blankly, "I didn't have much of a choice at the time."

"And now?" Carter sneered, glaring at Brenton.

Brenton looked over at Jane and gave a loving smile, "Because I found my soul mate", Brenton whispered looking down.

"Well isn't that sweet," Carter mucked, "But it's really to bad that you all going to die." Carter motioned at the werewolves to come forward from behind him, Brenton and the guards stood ready for the attack. Then a huge black wolf jumped in the middle of the fight that is about to break out between the lycans and vampires, his eyes glowing a orange-red eyes peering at Carter with pure anger and betrayal, Carter's eyes filled with horror. It was no other then the leader of this pack himself...

Dakota Fang