Chapter 3

In the dungeon located inside the  Volturra Castle sat Brenton, who was captured by the Volturi for his trial, in his cell. One of the guards, Felix, was standing next to his cell guarding him. 

The entrance to the dungeon opened and two men came into the dungeon, Demetri and another young man who looked like he was in his early teens. 

"Aro wants to see you now," The young boy said, peering at Brenton coldly. Felix got the keys and opened his prisoner's cell and motioned to Brenton to move out of the cell. 

Demetri walked towards Brenton and handed him a blood, red cloak. "Put this on, Brenton Smith," the young boy commanded. 

Brenton did what he was told, as this boy was not to be messed with at any costs. Afterwards, Demetri walked towards Brenton and took his arm roughly and gave Felix a glance to come stand on the other side of Brenton ; Felix gladly did and they walked out their prisoner to the throne room for his trial. 

As the three guards and their prisoner reached the throne room's door, the door opened to Brenton Smith's trial. The young boy walked up first to the middle throne and stood next to the right side of his master as a young girl stood on the master's left who was watching Brenton with interest. Demetri and Felix brought Brenton to the middle of the throne room in front of the three masters of the Volturi Coven. 

"Brenton Smith, long time no see," Aro's voice brought Brenton's attention as he was admiring the young girl next to Aro, who was sitting in his throne watching Brenton with an amusement.

"Same to you, Aro," Brenton greeted back, "I believe it has been a very long time."

"Indeed it has been," Aro agreed, as he stood up from his throne and walked over to Brenton read his prisoner's thoughts by placing his hand on Brenton's hand.

A few minutes have past and Aro saw everything from Brenton's life and let go, he turned and walked over to his throne and sat down.

"Aro, may I ask you a question?" Brenton asked

"The trial is over and we are going to act what needs to be done to you, Brenton Smith" Caius growled and looked at his guards to dispose of him. Aro held out his hand to his brother and stared him down.

"What is your question, Brenton?" Aro required, glancing at Brenton with interest. 

"What did  I do to require this trial?" Brenton questioned, looking at Aro for an answer. 

 "Well Brenton, that is a wonderful question to ask," Aro exclaimed, "you see I heard about your alliance with the Romanian coven." 

"Oh?" Brenton questioned, "I didn't know that the Romanian Coven are your enemies, Aro." 

"Well, unfortunately after my coven overthrown them they have been planning to overthrow us in the future" Aro answered, "So we consider them a threat to our kind and my coven's safety." Brenton looked at Aro with a type of sorrow and understanding with his situation, however he still doesn't know why he has been summoned. "I summoned you to make an offer with you, Brenton Smith," Aro reassured his prisoner, "It is to kill off the two remaining Romanian Coven member, and the Volturi will leave you alone."

Panic arose in Brenton, "But Aro, there is two of them and one of me so I would be out numbered by them."

Aro pressed his lips together and summoned Demetri and Felix, who were standing at the farthest side of the throne room, next to Brenton once more. "What a shame, Brenton Smith, I had extremely high hopes for you but you are too much of a coward to be apart of this coven," Caius hissed, peering down at him as he made his hand signal to his guards, "I guess executing will have to be done." Felix was holding Brenton's arms back to rip them off as Demetri held Brenton's face to rip his head off.

"Destroy him," Caius barked.

As Demetri and Felix was going to rip Brenton apart a scream stopped them in their tracks.

"Stop, He's my mate!!"