Rise Of The Cybermen (2)

" Honestly, I think it's the cheekbones. "

- Mateo Solano Villanueva

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"What the fuck are you doing, L? You're meant to be dead!"

Holy fucking shit. "Um... I...", what do I say to the man who thinks he's my husband...? "Um...the...I-" Luckily, he cut off my ramblings.

"The whole world thinks you're dead for a reason! You've gotta be able to go unnoticed while finding things out, but that won't work if the fact that your suicide was staged gets plastered all over the news!" What the actual fuck...?

And then my eyes flickered over to May...who was smiling. Oh, my... Shit just keeps getting weirder. I couldn't help rubbing my tattoo, stressed about being in the same place as my ex without a wall of bulletproof glass between us.

I wasn't able to say anything else, because the spiky-haired man began to reprimand Mickey. "Ricky, you were the one who told us, you don't contact your family 'cos it puts them in danger!" Ok, then.

"Yeah. Ricky said that." Mickey's eyes met my own. "Course I did, just testing."

"I saw them." He seemed to just take it and began rambling about something I couldn't understand. "I taped them! They went round Black Friar's gathering up the homeless like a child-catcher. They must've taken four dozen." Four dozen what, though, is the question. Only we couldn't ask it because they think we're the other versions of us. Fuck.

"The vans were hired out to a company called International Electromatics. But I did a protocol search... Turns out that's a dummy company established by, guess who?" A blonde woman at the wheel called back to us.

"I dunno, who?" My Rose's ex quizzed, confusion evident in his expression.

"Cybus Industries!" May, Mateo, and the unknown duo chorused as if we should know already. Well, I presume the other we would. Mickey and I just went along with it, nodding in 'understanding'.

"And now we've got evidence!" Melinda said excitedly. Urgh, this was giving me a headache. Hitting my head in the TARDIS earlier definitely didn't help.

"Bad news is, they've arrested Thin Jimmy." My ex looked to Mickey. "So that just leaves you."

"Leaves me what?" He asked again, getting blank looks. This is going to be a long car journey...

Melinda leaned forwards in her seat as if it was the most amazing news she'd ever heard. "Number One. Top of the list. London's Most Wanted." Ok, May with an English accent is very strange.

"Okay, cool." Mickey paused to take it all in. His grin faded away. "Say that again?" Yep, this was going to be an extremely long car journey.

★★★