M A T E O

" Crying isn't weak. "

- The Doctor

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

All I could think about was him. Seeing him and a younger version of myself a few hours earlier reminded me that I needed to pay him an annual visit.

°°°
"Please don't shoot!"

B A N G!

"No!"
°°°

I was laying with my head in the Doctor's lap as we watched TV and flinched suddenly upon hearing a gunshot inside my head.

"Lilly?" The Doctor asked quietly, mindful of my sister who was laying, asleep, on the opposite sofa.

"Sorry... Doctor, can you drop me off somewhere?" I mumbled.

"Where do you want to go?" The Time Lord raised his eyebrows.

"Um..." I hesitated and knew the Doctor could detect slight fear in my voice. "I need to check something at work."

"Ok, where shall I drop you?"

So I told the Time Lord coordinates for the SHIELD base in Canada and purposefully parked about a mile away so that I would have time to walk...and knowing that the Doctor wasn't meant to find out where it was.

"I'll be back in a few hours." I wrapped my coat tightly around myself before stepping out into the snow.

The harsh, icey wind whipped my face as I walked, making me wish I'd brought something warmer.

Finally, I reached my destination and fished into the massive coat pockets for ID. Fortunately, the security recognised me. "Good morning, Agent Tyler." The Canadian accent was strong against the cold air.

"Morning." I replied, falsely cheerful.

"Are you here to visit prisoner 06?"

"Yeah. See you in a bit." Waving, I passed through the double doors.

So early in the morning, staff were limited and the only thing that could be heard was faint whispers from far away and the clacking of my shoes on the concrete floor.

I reached a dimly lit corridor and when it was certain that no one was around, I used my ID to open a panel in the wall. A passcode was entered, letting me step through a door that wasn't there just seconds ago.