Age Of Steel

“ Ignorance is bliss. ”

- Lilly and Ella Tyler

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"You are inferior. Man will be reborn as Cybermen but you will perish under maximum deletion." The metal man raised his arm to point at the Time Lord, others around it doing the same for the rest of us as well. "Delete. Delete. Delete!"

Without warning, the Doctor aimed his power cell at the Cybermen, which expelled a golden light. It bounced off the first one which did the same until every single metal man on one side of us had a string of light connecting it to the others. Within a few seconds, they had all disintegrated.

"What the hell was that?" May whispered shakily. The poor woman looked terrified. I'm sure all she signed up for was to rebel, not fight metal people that want to kill us.

"Or, how about instead, run!" My boyfriend screamed, reminding us of the Cybermen behind us that hadn't been killed. So we ran.

Fortunately for us, Mrs Moore was right there with her van when we needed it and beeped to get our attention. "Everybody in!"

I did not need to be told twice, but Pete did. The Time Lord ran after him while I did my best to usher everyone into the back. "Come on, get a move on!" Mrs More called out once again. My sister and boyfriend had yet to follow. Rose was stood, staring at the house.

"Rose!" After hearing my yell, the Doctor told her something inaudible and then they ran towards us.

"Finished chatting?!" The white haired driver quizzed sarcastically. "Never seen a slower getaway in my life!" We then sped off.

★★★

We got away in silence - an awkward one at that. My hand was practically squeezing the life out of the Time Lord's, only he didn't complain. I was thankful for that.

Jake, Ricky and Mrs More were up front whereas the rest of us had to squeeze into the back with just barely enough room. May, Rose, Pete, Lilly and Mateo were on one side with my boyfriend, Mickey, Ella and I on the other. It had barely been two minutes and I was already regretting my decision to get into the van. Death by Cyberman would be pretty quick, right? At least I wouldn't have to endure another journey with my ex.

"What was that thing?" I looked up to where Ricky was pointing, through the metal grating separating the front seats from the back, at the power cell. The Doctor hadn't put it away yet.

"Little bit of technology from my home." He enlightened.

"It's stopped glowing. Has it run out?" My sister's ex queried worriedly. To be honest, I had no clue what I would do if we couldn't get back home.