School Reunion (2)

“ You don't know it now, but you're one of the popular kids that grows up to have like twenty bridesmaids. ”

- Lilly Tyler

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After an half an hour of learning breathing techniques and half an hour of learning about pregnancy, we were then told to ask questions

After an half an hour of learning breathing techniques and half an hour of learning about pregnancy, we were then told to ask questions. Of course, I kept my head as much as possible.

"Fionnuala? Do you have anything to ask?" The woman at the front of the room - Jasmine - questioned. Her tone was gentle, but that didn't make me any more likely to want to respond.

"No, thanks."

"Are you sure? Because, if not, I have some questions for you. Who is the Unnamed? You've heard of them, haven't you?" A voice in my head made me frown. "It's Kovarian here. I don't believe we've been introduced. Now, I'm well aware that you know you're flesh. That idiot, Elizabeth, told you. She was never that promising as a child, really. I know you know. I know you know who the Unnamed is. Somewhere, buried in that head swimming with secrets, is all of the information that I wish to learn."

"Why now?" I queried. "You've had me for two months."

"We needed you at the point in your life where the mental boundaries your brother put up were at their lowest. Now, tell me everything you know about the Unnamed right now!"

"I...I don't know." I spoke out loud this time, but quietly. My head was pounding, my heart thumping and - worst of all - I felt faint. It felt the exact same as when I passed out in Cardiff. My head was about to explode.

Until it stopped.

The lights dancing in my vision subsided. The banging in my ears silenced. Slowly, my eyes closed - ignoring the shouts of other mums in the room as I drifted out of consciousness.

★★★

"Urgh." I pressed the palm of my hand against my forehead. "My head..."

"Fionnuala, we recommend that you don't move." Jasmine Thomas told me. "We've called for an ambulance."

My eyes shot open. "No, you can't call them. I've got to go." As quickly as humanly possible after the whole ordeal, I grabbed my bag and stood up, trying not to make the nausea worse.

"I really don't think-" But I cut her off.

"I really have to go." So, staggering like a drunk person, I exited the building. It didn't take too long for my walking to get back to normal - which I was grateful for and I managed to walk to the cafe without too much trouble.

★★★

"Hi, Lil." The Doctor greeted once I'd sat down in the booth next to him.

For some reason, I thought it would be funny to wrap my arms around him, stopping the Time Lord from what he was doing. "You smell like time." I mumbled. "How the fuck do you smell like time?"