Age Of Steel (2)

“I was going to say that she is bloody annoying.”

- Lance Hunter

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

As we edged along yet another pitch black tunnel, another Cyberman stepped in front of us

As we edged along yet another pitch black tunnel, another Cyberman stepped in front of us. Yes, another. No, we cannot catch a break for the life of us. Fuck everything! "Shit..."

"You are not upgraded." Oh, no? Really? We hadn't noticed. Ah, sarcasm.

As the Doctor pulled me back, Mrs Moore let her lips turn up into a smirk. "Yeah? Well, upgrade this." She threw a small metal device, it staying stuck to the metal man's chest even when sparks flew everywhere. Blue electricity flowed through the Cyberman and it jerked about for a few seconds before falling to the floor.

"What the hell was that thing?!" The Time Lord exclaimed in shock

I was first to crouch down next to the hopefully dead Cyberman with everyone following my lead and getting closer. "I'm guessing EMP, Doctor. Takes out computers, Coulson...'s arm, stuff like that. And, by the way, I've said it before and I'll say it again. How the fuck do you get your voice that high?" I simply got an eye roll from my boyfriend. Rude.

"Lilly's right." Melinda confirmed as the white haired woman continued with, "I figured it might stop the cyber-suit."

"You figured right." The Time Lord mused, taking out the sonic. "Now, let's have a look..." He joined me next to the metal man and bent over to scan around the logo. "Now... know your enemy... and the logo on the front... Lumic's turned them into a brand." The Doctor took off the big 'C' so that the four of us could look inside at the wires illuminated blue by some sort of internal light. "Heart of steel."

Something caught my eye that honestly worried me to my core. What's got to be one of the biggest mistakes of my entire life was putting my hand in to see what the white stuff was. What the fuck is wrong with you, Lilly Tyler? "What's-? Oh, my God." I pulled out some sort of bodily tissue. Key word: bodily; it's meant to stay inside the fucking body.

"Is that flesh?" Mrs Moore questioned tentatively.

My boyfriend leaned closer to my fingers (that were extremely close to throwing the tissue - preferably at Mateo's face). "Hmmm... central nervous system. Artificially grown then threaded throughout the suit so it responds like a living thing. Well..."

"It is a living thing." I finished for him, finally putting it down. My hand stayed there for a second longer than necessary - long enough to see something I recognised. "Is that...?" It was some sort of inhibitor about the size of an SD card. "Is that an emotional inhibitor? One of my friends has mentioned it before...and I'm almost certain Leopold tried to make one for Aida in the framework... No, wait, he was making the oposite. Ignore me."