Bad Wolf (2)

“ A fairytale. ”

- Lynda Moss

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Oh."

"Oh, what?" I questioned.

"I just gave you spoilers, didn't I?" She smiled sheepishly, making me nod in response.

"How am I famous in the future? Because, I was just on Strictly Come Dancing. God knows how..."

"Um... Not necessarily famous. Just that people have read the books. All the photos of you were deleted by Agent Johnson when SHIELD fell and no one ever took any more. Technically, there's no visual proof that you ever existed. Most people presume you're a myth, though - a fairytale." Lynda elaborated.

"But you don't." I stated more than asked.

"Well, my great, great, great - add a few more greats - grandma was Ella and Melody's adopted daughter. It's a family tradition to tell every child in the family, on their 10th birthday, the whole truth - about everything. There's something I have to tell you." Lynda leaned forwards to whisper in my ear. "The Bad Wolf is the sister of the Unnamed. They are the same...yet different." And then she pulled away.

My head was swimming. To stop myself from falling, I reached for the nearest thing... Which turned out to be the Doctor's shoulder. A frown made it's way onto his face.

"I don't... Why don't I...?" Lynda held my gaze firmly. "Doctor, what's this place called?" I had know idea why, but that was my first question.

"Bad Wolf Corporation." Was the Time Lord's answer. "What did she say?"

"It's spoilers, I think. By the way, I'm trying really hard not to faint again so that you don't have to carry me in this blooming dress. I'm probably going to fail, though. Just a warning." I lifted a hand up to my pounding head while Jack rushed to my side. Lynda was watching me in...awe? Glee? Confusion? Admiration? Maybe a mix of all four.

Then, the machine bleeped in protest to whatever the Doctor was doing to it. "It's not compatible!" He exclaimed frustratedly. "This stupid system doesn't make sense." The Time Lord chucked the VM to Lynda, going on to wrench the front of the computer away. He quickly snatched the wrist-device back off the blonde girl rudely. "This place should be a basic broadcaster. The systems are twice as complicated. It's more than just television... This station's transmitting something else."

"Like what?" I murmered airily.

"I don't know. This whole Bad Wolf thing's tied up with me. Someone's manipulating my entire life. It's some sort of trap and Rose is stuck inside it." The Doctor remarked and I could just about make out a blurry image of him checking to make sure I was ok. "Found her! Floor 400."