The Long Game

“ This is going so well for you. ”

- Ella Tyler

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Mum! Mum, wake up."

"What?" I groaned, rubbing my eyes.

"Get up now."

"Ella? You can't call me that around the Doctor... Oh, my God! The Doctor!" I shot upright, headbutting my daughter on the way. "Ow." I looked to my side and the Time Lord was still fast asleep. "I thought he didn't need sleep."

"Rather than getting a hangover, Time Lord's sleep for nine hours. He's out like a light." Ella replied. "He probably won't even remember anything that happened an hour before you started drinking. I came here to save your arse." She threw my jumper at me. "I don't even wanna know but, whatever happened, the Doctor will have no idea. Good luck with that."

"Wait, slow down... He won't remember?"

"Well, I don't know. This is his only regeneration I've met that actually touches alcohol. From what I've exp- learnt, that's what usually happens... That's if you drink enough, and you certainly did." I briskly put my jumper on and thanked Ella. "Yeah, I was honestly debating on coming in here. I didn't need my eyes to see this. Anywho, I'll meet you in the kitchen."

My daughter left, leaving me to ponder over what to tell the Time Lord. That was until he yawned and sat up, waving his hand in front of my face to snap me out of my thoughts. "What? Oh, yeah, sorry."

"You ok, Lil?"

"Sorry. My head is killing me. Do you remember anything that happened?" I questioned casually.

"Last thing I remember is....the first glass of wine." The Doctor chuckled sheepishly.

"You weren't kidding when you said Lloyd George used to drink you under the table. At least I remember." I layed back down, putting my arm over my eyes to stop the sunlight from blinding me. "I shouldn't have drunk so much."

"What happened?"

"We drank wine, we talked, we drank wine, you told me off for swearing, we drank wine, you told me how odd I look without my jacket, we drank wine, we watched TV and - did I mention - we drank wine. We had a shitload of alcohol. It's not even funny how drunk we were." I groaned in annoyance, deciding not to tell him about the kiss.

"Sounds like fun. Have you got a headache by any chance?"

"Oh, I wish. I've got a banging in my head instead." I retorted. "According to El, everyone's in the kitchen so I'll get ready and meet you there." I made to leave but the Doctor grabbed my wrist.