Idiot's Lantern

“ It's time... ”

- Lilly Tyler

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"So..." I had held this conversation off until it was physically impossible, having purposefully made the Doctor ensure that we were always busy. However, Rose had grown tired (as expected) and had kicked my boyfriend out of bed this morning with the sole aim to bombard me with questions. "You've had the bipolar diagnosis since the age of twenty one..."

"Yes."

"And didn't tell me for the reasons you just said that don't make any sense."

"They do make sense." I argued, fruitlessly.

"No, they don't."

"Whatever."

Before I could even register what had just happened, Rosie had hugged me quickly and moved away to sit back at the end of the bed. We'd never been the closest of siblings, but the moment of silence we shared was time for us to tell eachother 'I love you' without actually saying it. It was nice....peaceful...meaningful.

"You're very yellow today." The Time Lord commented as I walked into the console room with my sister a step behind.

I reached up to drape my arms over his shoulder, our faces only centimetres away. "Hi to you too, Mr I Don't Like Change So Much That I Wear The Same Clothes Every Single Day Of My Life." Before he could protest to my incredibly accurate comment, my lips captured his in a short but sweet kiss. "Love your hair, by the way." My eyes floated up to appreciate his quiff.

"Get a room." Rose groaned from the jumpseat.

"We had one." I said, pulling away. "You kicked him out."

"For good reason."

"Anyway." The Doctor cleared his throat uncomfortably. His head then tilted towards the doors. "Shall we?"

Deciding to put our spat to rest, my sister and I nodded, her heading to the exit first and giving the Time Lord an opportunity to give me 'the look'. "Yes, it was fine. I'll tell you later." That was enough confirmation for him to make his own way out of the time machine.

I paused to stretch my aching back before joining them. My sister was looking around in awe, like always, while my boyfriend wore a proud grin. "I thought we'd be going for the Vegas era, you know the white flares and the, grr, chest hair."

I popped my head out of the box, "please never say that again."

Meanwhile, the Doctor complained about something else. "You are kidding, aren't you? You want to see Elvis, you go for the late fifties. The time before burgers. When they called him the Pelvis and he still had a waist." Rosie giggled. "What's more, you see him in style. One moment." Just as I was out of the way, the Doctor ran back into the TARDIS and disappeared from view. He returned about two minutes later....riding a scooter...with a white crash helmet and shades.