Aliens of London

" It's not twelve hours, it's twelve months. "

- The Doctor

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I quickly got changed back into my normal jeans, top and jacket before making my way back to the console room

Rose wasn't back yet so I took my chance to speak up. "I want to go home." His face fell. "Not like that. Just a week at home."

"Something wrong?"

"Yes!"

My watch cut in and, at that moment, I was glad that the Doctor couldn't hear it. The truth was that my high was wearing off and I didn't want to be on a low with Rose around. I didn't want her to discover the truth by finding me in bed with a tear stained face.

"No. I just want to see my friends. It might seem a bit weird if I go home looking older than when I left." I told him. Even though most of my friends knew where I was, he didn't know that. "And Rosie should probably go home and see mum. She's gone through lots in only two days."

"You two talking about me?" Rose asked coming into the room with a smile on her face. "You're right, Lils. It would be good to see mum."

"Ok, then. London it is." The Doctor grinned and started running around the console like a lunatic.

When we finally landed, all of us left the TARDIS and found ourselves back in the Powell Estate.

"How long have we been gone?" I asked.

"About twelve hours." He replied somewhat smugly while Rose laughed in disbelief.

"Oh, right, won't be long. I just want to see my mum." Rose directed her gaze at me. "You coming? Three visits in three days might give mum a heart attack." I chuckled while nodding.

"What are you going to tell her?" The Doctor questioned.

"I don't know. We've been to the 5 billion and only been gone, what, twelve hours?" The Doctor huffed in amusement at Rose's comment. "No, I'll just tell her I spent the night at Lil's."

"No you won't. You'll tell her that you were at Shareen's." She gave me a look. "Do you know how often mum asks to visit my place? If you tell her that you came over, she'll want to come and then I'll have to explain that she can't visit because if she does, I'll have to retcon her."

"You'd wipe your mum's memory because she visited your home?" The Doctor's eyebrows shot up.

"I don't have a flat or anything. I live at work. I don't think I should take mum to see my top secret, alien hunting, base. Do you?" I retorted.