Aliens of London (2)

" And miss out on all the fun? No way."

- Lilly Tyler

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"I know. I can't believe I'm here to see this. This is fantastic!" The Doctor grinned from ear to ear.

"Did you know this was going to happen?" Rose raised a brow at the Time Lord.

"Nope."

"Do either of you recognise the ship?"

"Nope." The Doctor replied while I nodded.

"I recognise it but I can't remember where from..." I trailed off, giving my sister an apologetic look.

Rose rolled her eyes and looked to the Doctor. "Do you know why it crashed?"

"Nope."

"Oh, I'm so glad I've got you two." She snarked.

"I bet you are. This is what I travel for, Rose, Lilly. To see history happening right in front of us."

"Well, let's go and see it. Never mind the traffic, we've got a TARDIS."

"Better not." I shook my head. "They've already got one spaceship in the middle of London. We really shouldn't shove another one on top. Trust me."

"Trust me on this."

I started to snigger at the masculine voice my watch put on for that sentence but after receiving weird looks from my sister and the Time Lord, I coughed to cover it up. "Sorry." Both of whom opted in pretending that it didn't happen.

"Yeah but this one looks like a big blue box. No one's gonna notice." Rose insisted.

"You'd be surprised. Emergency like this, there'll be all kinds of people watching. Lilly's lot included. The TARDIS stays where it is." The Doctor replied.

"So, history's happening and we're stuck here."

"We could always do what everybody else does." Both of their heads turned in my direction. "We could watch it on TV."

We made our way back to the flat and came across something that I was not expecting. Mum had thrown a welcome home party for Rose. The thought of going in there made me want to be sick so, while my sister went in, I stayed by the door.

"You ok?" The Doctor put a hand on my arm, making me flinch. I was so out of it that I didn't even notice him beside me.

"Mmm." I hummed. "I don't think I can handle it in there. Mum's invited the whole phone book. Can I wait in the TARDIS for you two?"