Boom Town

“ That snitch! ”

- Lilly Tyler

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Mickey?" My brows furrowed together the moment I stepped into the console room

"Mickey?" My brows furrowed together the moment I stepped into the console room. Since when were we visiting my sister's boyfriend?

"Hi, Lilly. Good to see you."

"You too." I smiled warmly with a little wave and then looked to Jack and Rose, not seeing the Doctor. "Why do you guys always make the decisions on where we go while I'm asleep?"

"Sorry, Lil." My sister shrugged sheepishly.

"So, what're you doing in Cardiff?" Mickey asked. "And who the hell's Jumping Jack Flash? I mean, I don't mind you hanging out with your sister or big-ears up there."

"Oi!" The Time Lord protested from a ladder near the door. He appeared to be carrying out maintenance work on the TARDIS. The Doctor had a red flashing light strapped his forehead and looked extremely....odd is the nice way of putting it.

"Look in the mirror." My sister's boyfriend retorted. "But this guy, I dunno, he's kinda..."

"Handsome?" Jack supplied.

"More like cheesy." I patted my friend on the shoulder in mock sympathy after Mickey's insult.

"Early 21st century slang. Is cheesy good or bad?"

"It's bad." Mickey and I stated in unison.

"But bad means good, isn't that right?"

The Doctor began tottering down the ladder. "Are you saying I'm not handsome?" I'm definitely not saying that. I'm not saying anything.

Everyone ignored him as Rose answered the question. "We just stopped off. We need to refuel. Thing is, Cardiff's got this rift running through the middle of the city. It's invisible, but it's like an earthquake fault between different dimensions..."

"The rift was healed back in 1869..." The Time Lord continued.

"Thanks to a girl named Gwyneth, 'cos these creatures called the Gelth, they were using the rift as a gateway but she saved the world and closed it."

Mickey didn't seem to be following too well, however I was the only one to notice this fact - because Jack carried on. "But closing a rift always leaves a scar, and that scar generates energy, harmless to the human race."

"But perfect for the TARDIS." The Doctor grinned. "So just park it here for a couple of days right in top of the scar and..."

"Open up the engines, soak up the radiation."

"Like filling her up with petrol and off we go!" My sister hi-fived my friend. Wow...

"Into time!" Jack winked at me.