35: Amy

"𝐒𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡,"

~🌙 ~

I returned to a desolate classroom. Every pair of eyes were fixated on me as if I had walked in with bright orange hair. Their expressions were blank, but no one showed any signs of guilt - just as I expected. High school bullies were toxic. Never would they own up to their mistakes unless it actually worked out better for them. 

"Take a seat, Mr Park," my teacher said flatly and I followed. In the fifteen minutes I was gone, the class was doing group work and so the awkward, thick atmosphere was soon filled with chatter. When I reached my table, the empty seat next to me was taken by Kim Amy, someone we hadn't spoken too since before our trip to Philippines. 

"Hi, Jay!" she waved over, she patted my seat with her hand as if it was an invitation.

"That was ballsy, Jay," Sunghoon said with a raised brow. He looked very disappointed with a cocked brow, but that soon turned into a proud smile and a very enthusiastic handshake. 

"It was soooo cool!" 

"Don't commend him! It was rebellious. Did you get detention?" Jake flustered. I shook my head and explained the mild threat I threw at the principle. 

"You think you'll actually do that though?" 

"We'll see. I mean, we have enough evidence," I shrugged. 

"What do you mean by evidence," Amy intervened. For a second I had forgotten she was sat there. She looked intrigued about my plan to sue, but little did she know that she was the reason why. My opinion on her was forever wavering. She did not seem apologetic about getting us suspended and failed to recognise the amount of damage she did to our records.

What kind of person were you Kim Amy?

"It's none of your concern," I responded harshly, "Why did you move seats?" 

"Well..." She started with a pout," I heard about Hyerin and everything that went on until now. I wanted to see how you were doing,"

She grabbed my arm, linking it with hers before smiling right in my face. I nodded but thought nothing more of it. 

"That's a lie and you know it," Sunghoon argued.

"No it's not!" 

Jake sighed, scratching his head. I swore I saw a slight eye roll as well. I could tell I wasn't the only one triggered by Amy's sudden appearance. Amy frowned, whilst acting sad about our behaviour toward us. She mentioned feeling unwelcome and distant from us - the people who accepted her before. 

"That's just it though," Jake spoke in full English, "You haven't talked to us since we got suspended. Why do you care all of a sudden now?"

Sunghoon and I looked at Jake as if he had grown another limb. He never spoke English around us unless he was teaching us how to say words. Sunghoon was very amused and myself highly confused.