Barefoot in the kitchen

Emilie P.o.V.
December 2016

I heard a voice coming from my left so I walked towards the door on this end. There was Taylor in the kitchen she was singing a song and preparing some sort of food for herself.

"Hey Emilie." She said when she saw me. I gave her a small wave.

"I'm making us some food if you want you can watch some TV or just sit down and talk to me." She was smiling again.
I looked around the room and saw a cat laying on the couch. I walked closer to the animal but kept my distance so she wouldn't be scared.

"Hello Kitty. I'm Emilie. Can I pet you?" I asked quietly. The cat just meowed, which I decided meant yes. So I took a seat on the couch next to her.

I always wanted a cat they were so adorable and I just love them. I ran my hand through her fur and she almost immediately started purring making me smile.

After I stopped to look what Taylor was doing the cat meowed loudly and looked at me as if she wanted to say 'really? Why did you stop?' I giggled and went back to petting her.

"Sorry kitty." I mumbled into her fur.
The cat started to walk which led to me retracting my hand at least till she sat down on her new pillow. Me.

After she made herself comfortable over my lap she looked up expectantly and meowed. I giggled again.

"Alright I'm gonna continue to pet you." I answered while starting to lightly scratch the fur between her ears. She started purring again and I smiled.
"You like that kitty?"

I hadn't looked up to see what Taylor was doing in a while so when I now felt someone sitting down on the couch next to me. I jumped bit making the cat meow at me.

"Sorry." I mumbled before looking down. "Her name's Meredith." Taylor said and started to pet the cat as well.
"She's cute." I said, just because I hated the silence.

"Yeah she's. Her sister Olivia is probably running around here as well." I nodded while concentrating on the cat.

"Do you like cats?" Taylor asked and I nodded. "They are my favourite animals." I quickly added so I wouldn't come over as rude.

"Mine too." The woman next to me said.
"Look there's Dibbles. Seems like she wants to cuddle as well." I looked to where she was pointing at and there was another cat walking over to the couch before jumping on Taylors side of the couch.

"Hello Dibbles." She said and began petting the other cat. Now I was confused. Didn't she say the name of the cat was Olivia or did she have three cats.

"Do you have three cats?" I found myself asking and she looked up at me.
"No. Why?" I explained my thoughts "You said her name was Olivia." She laughed and I had to smile to just because seeing someone so happy made me happy too.

"Alright I'll introduce you properly. This lovely lady over here." She pointed at the cat on my lap. "Is Dr. Meredith Grey." I smiled down at the cat before looking back at Taylor.

"And this one here is called Det. Olivia Benson but I call here Dibbles for short." I giggled at that. "But I doesn't have to with her name." Taylor nodded and gave me a smile.

"Yeah it just happened." I smiled back. Meredith was rolling around so now she was on her back.

"You want me to pet your tummy?" I asked her and she meowed again.
I carefully petted her making her purr.
"How old is she?" I asked Taylor without looking at her.

"Meredith is 5 and Olivia is 1."
"Meredith you're older than I am." I said to the cat excited.

"How old are you?" Taylor asked.
"I'm four." I heard her sigh so I kinda knew she now thought of the whole situation even worse than before, cause who would leave four year old alone.