To you everything is funny

Authors note:
I'm sorry it took me so long to write this. I just started university and I'm extremely stressed out. I think I'll be able to write a little more from now on.
Also this chapter contains talking about racism, as Emily reads about the civil rights movement and asks Taylor about the details.
I'm german so if I used the wrong or inappropriate terms please tell me so I can edit it.
Love Sirsell ❤

Emilie P.o.V
December 2016

It's been two days since Christmas and yesterday Taylors family went back home again.

Christmas day I didn't let go of Kit, till Taylor set me down at the evening and told me that I don't have to be scared that someone's gonna take her away, cause she's my doll.

The day after Christmas we went ice skating at a nearby rink. Austin had helped me to figure out how to skate.
One of the workers there took a picture of the five us, that now was sitting framed on my dresser.

In the evening we had watched one of the movies I got for Christmas, the one about the jungle, and I loved it.

So yesterday I spent hours on the internet and reading in Taylor.

Encyclopedia about the jungle and the animals that live there. I used the globe I got to learn about Brazil. Taylor just let me be and told me if I wanted we could go to the library to pick up more books about Brazil, but I told her that it was fine.

"Em. Hey can I talk to you real quick." Taylor walked in. I was sitting in the play tent reading in the book about Melody.

"Yeah." She smiled and sat down in front of me. "I have two friends that would love to meet you. Is it okay if they come over this afternoon?" She asked and I nodded.

"Okay I'll tell them that you're fine with it." She was getting up again.
"Taylor?" She turned to look at me.
"Can we bake unicorn muffins so I can sell them at my Cafe?" I asked, making her laugh.

"Yeah we can. I'll call them real quick and than we can bake." I smiled and got up.

In the kitchen I picked up my apron and put it on, so when Taylor walked in I had already pulled my hair back, moved the stool to the counter and was wearing my apron.

She put her apron as well before pulling some ingredients out.
"Lemon muffins? Or chocolate?"
"Lemon and then we can put on pink icing and sprinkles." Taylor nodded and smiled at me.

"Alright let's get to work then."
She handed me the ingredients and I put them into the bowl.

"Do you want to stir?" She asked as she handed me the mixer and I nodded. Taylor held the bowl while I mixed the dough. We put inside the unicorn muffin forms and then in the oven for twenty minutes.

"What did you read before?" The blonde asked me and I smiled.
"The book about Melody. It's really good. But why do the people treat her different from the other little girls? She did nothing wrong."

"No she didn't. But in the time she lived in and before that people were very mean to black people." "But why?"
"You know sometimes people don't like things that are different or they don't want to give up the power they fell like they deserve cause they had it over the last centuries.""It's not right."
"No it's not and most people know that today.""Why not all? I mean were all human and we all want to be happy. And Melody is just a little girl that wants to be happy and grow up like I am." I furrowed my brows together, trying to understand why people could be so mean. "You're right and that's why what happened back then should never happen again." Taylor said and picked me up.