Gotta call my friends

Taylors P.o.V.
December 2016

It was almost 8pm when I was back home and the first thing I did was call my mom.

"Hey mom." I said as soon as she picked up.
"Hey Honey." She answered.
"Mom. I need to tell you something."
"Taylor, hun whats going on?" My mom asked me.

"Yesterday I meet a little girl. She is four years old and absolutely adorable."
"Where did you meet her honey? You didn't tell me you had a meet and greet yesterday."

"I didn't. I was walking home from the studio. I saw her on Brooklyn Bridge. She was all alone in the cold. She wasn't even wearing a proper jacket. When I found here she was absolutely freezing." I took deep breath to call myself down.

"Oh god did you call her parents?" My mom sounded as shocked as I was when I found her.
"No she said she doesn't have any. So I called the orphanage she lives in. They didn't pick up so I left them a message that I would take her with me."

"What do you mean they didn't pick up?" Just from how her tone changed I knew she was as irritated about that as I had been yesterday. When I had called, it wasn't even that late around eight pm, maybe a little later.

"They didn't pick up mom. So I took her home. She took a bath and we ate a dinner together, before I brought her to bed. She was so scared that so would hurt her. And she didn't even want to take the food at first cause she was scared."

I could her my mom take multiple breaths. "What do you mean? She was scared that you'd hurt her? Why would she be scared of you?"

"I don't know mom. She just was and she had bruises on her back. Not that many so I don't know if she maybe just fell down or something, but I kind of think she gets hurt." I heard her taking another breath.

"Anyways I brought her back this evening. But I spend the day with her. Mom she's so smart. We read together and she can read so well. And she loves cats and baking."

I could hear her chuckle on the other line.

"Sounds like a mini you."
"Yeah she is." I smiled when I said that.
"And mom she's so pretty. She's got beautiful light blonde hair and those big blue eyes." I could hear my mom laugh on the other side of the phone.
"She sounds adorable. Why are you telling me all this?"

I sighed and leaned back on the couch I was sitting.

"I don't think the people in the Orphanage are treating her right. When I brought her back she was asleep so I brought her to her bed. Mom she sleeps in the cold attic and she doesn't have a real bed or mattress or blanket."
Now that I reflected on it I felt even worse. This sweet, innocent, little girl deserved a better home.

I could hear my mom taking a few deep breaths. Definitely to calm her down and not get as emotionaly invested as I was.

"I don't know how you are supposed to react this properly. Maybe you should call the police or CPS to get her away from there." She said after clearing her thoughts.

"But then she'll bounce from care home to care home."

"Honey she's in care. There's not much you can do about it." I could her my mom sounding as sad as I felt.

"Mom I think I want to adopt her." There was silence on the other side.
"If that's what you want to do do it. You know that your dad and I will always support you and I'd really like a grandchild."

I smiled at this. Ever since I was little my mom had been so supportive. No matter what I did she was there for me.

"Thank you mom. I'll call my Publicist and my lawyer to meet me in the morning and tell them what's going on."
"Okay honey. I'm proud of you and I love you."