Boy, I fancy you

October 6th 2017

Taylors Pov

It was a gloomy and misty October morning, I was sipping my coffee, while Emilie was still asleep as my phone went off. A smile made its way to my lips as I saw the Caller ID. "Hey." I talked quietly in hopes to not wake Emilie up. "Hello love." Joe's deep voice made me smile. "I'm on my way to the airport. You still think it is a good idea for me to come?" I could hear the insecurity and anxiety in his voice, but I just smiled.

"Joe she'll love you. Relax." "Should I get her anything or maybe do something for her?" He continued with his nervous rambling and I chuckled a little bit. Joe and I had met a while back and we had been dating for almost a year, with one major thing still between us. Emilie hadn't met him.

In the beginning she wasn't with me and then after I adopted her I just wanted to make sure  it was a long term thing before I introduced her to someone, who would play such a big part in her life.

Joe on the other hand knew everything about her. I had called him at least twice a week and told him about her, my concerns of failing her as a mother and all the things we did together. So hearing him ramble about being nervous to disappoint Emilie was slightly amusing. 

"Joe relax. She's a lovely little five year old. She'll be happy to get to know you, as long as you don't scare her or ask about her past a lot you'll be fine. And if you want to get her something than maybe a book, maybe something you two can read together. She loves it when people read to her, but she won't expect anything."

I heard some rustling on the  other side. "I know I just want her to like me. She means the world to you."  I smiled a little. "She does, but she'll like you. Don't worry. Now get your pretty self on the airplane and come here. I really miss you." I heard him laugh and my smile widened. "I miss you too. I'll text you when I land." 
He had been in Canada for a role in a movie.

So he'd fly over from Montreal and be here around noon. Emilie still didn't know about him coming but she'd find out as soon as I had the guts and the right words to tell her, but hearing the small footsteps in the hallway I knew I didn't have much time left.

Just as expected, a still sleepy looking Emilie came into my view. Still in her Pj's and a really bad bed head. She walked towards me and climbed onto the couch next to me before cuddling into my side. I quickly put my coffee down so I wouldn't accidentally spill some and hurt her. 

"Morning Mommy." She mumbled, while closing her eyes and almost falling asleep again. "Good Morning my love." I said and pulled her onto my lap. She smiled and cuddled into me, closing her eyes. "Hey hunny, no falling asleep again today. We've got a lot to do today."

I could feel her moving a little before her big blue eyes looked up into mine.
"Like what?" I had to hide a smile. "Well miss sassy pants. We have your school work and we have a guest coming over." Now she looked excited and at least a little more awake.

"Who's coming? Auntie Selly?" She asked and beamed up at me with hope in her eyes, Selena hadn't come over in a little while, since she was still in the hospital after she received her transplant.

I had told Emilie that her Auntie was sick and we had visited her, but Emilie was a little to young to understand how sick Selena really was. So I really understood that she wanted her to come over.

"No, not Auntie Selly. A new friend." I started to think about how to explain Joe's position in my life. "You know how some grown ups have someone that they love very much. Like my mom and dad." She nodded, but looked a little worried, so I gave her a small kiss on the forehead. "So there's someone I have met a while ago and I really really like them and I want you to meet them."