What a marvelous time

Emilie P.o.V.

June 2016

It's been six days since we came to Hawaii and according to Taylor we'll stay for another four days.
We practiced swimming every day and by now I was pretty good. We've been on the beach two times and I absolutely loved it.

On the beach we had seen baby turtles and we had built tons of sandcastles. Taylor had taken pictures for me.
Yesterday we went to the aquarium where we saw tons of fish and other marine animals.

And ever since I was asking Taylor to go swimming in the ocean with me, so I could see the fish in real life, but as for now she didn't want to.

"Baby I have something for you." Taylor said, handing me a small bag.
Inside were some weird looking glasses and a small tube, with some weird looking thing.

"What's that?" I asked.
"Diving goggles and a snorkel." Taylor answered and I nodded, putting the goggles on my head.

Taylor and I were sitting outside close to the pool so I could immediately test them out. I jumped into the pool making Taylor yell. I started swimming and put my head under water where I opened my eyes. I squealed and saw air bubbles come out of my mouth, before Taylor pulled me out.

"Oh my God." She looked mad and I felt myself flinch. "You can't just jump in. Do you know how dangerous this can be?" "I'm sorry." I mumbled and looked down. "Baby. I'm not mad." I still looked down and I felt tears sting in my eyes.

"No need to cry baby." She said, rocking me back and forth."Sorry." I mumbled again and tried to hide my face but she made me look again."Baby girl. I'm not mad at all. I was really worried because you could have gotten hurt." Taylor said she was smiling at me.

"Still sorry." I mumbled into her chest. Taylor was rocking me back and forth to calm me down.

"Baby everything's alright just calm down. I get it that you were excited but just jumping into water isn't really safe, for someone with so little swimming experience. That's why I picked you up. If you want to go swimming in the pool, tell me and we'll go together this way so I can make sure you're safe." Taylor said and I nodded but still didn't look up.

"My sweet baby girl. You're alright. Do you want to go back in the pool?" I nodded a little. "Come on baby." She kissed me on my head and walked over to the shallow end where we got into the pool.

"Now you can swim baby." She told me and I did. I tested out the goggles before Taylor explained to me what the snorkel exactly did.

"So I can breathe under the water?" Taylor nodded again and I giggled.
I put one end into my mouth and dived again. I opened my eyes and took a breath. It worked. I could breathe underwater.

"I can breathe underwater like I'm a mermaid." I giggled and Taylor had picked me up to set me down on her hip. "Really?" I nodded excitedly.
"Well now you're my little mermaid."
I giggled and wrapped my arms around her.

"Why did you get me those?"
"Cause we'll go snorkeling tomorrow in the ocean." "In the ocean?" My eyes widened in excitement.

"Yeah baby." I continued to practice swimming with the snorkel, practicing to breathe with the snorkel.

"Baby. We need to get you to bed." Taylor was right, we already had dinner before she gave me the snorkel and the googles.

"Kay." I followed her upstairs and after a shower she tucked me in."I hope you have wonderful dreams baby girl." She told me and I smiled back at her.

"Good night Tay."

"Emilie. Where are you? Come here now. You misfit." I heard Miss Higgins yell for me from downstairs. I got up and tried to run downstairs but taking the stairs of the attic was so hard, as I was so little.