Evertime you smile, I smile

Taylor P.o.V.
December 2016

Emilie was fast asleep the time we reached the big store. So I just went in and picked up some books before going back to the car quickly.

It was around 2pm when we reached our apartment. Luckily my bodyguards helped me to carry all the stuff upstairs and taking the old furniture out of Emilies room while I put Emilie down on my bed.

"Thank you for helping me." I said and gave the two man a smile.
"No problem." One of the two said before they left.

I closed the door behind them and went to check on Emilie, who was still sleeping soundly on my bed.

So I left her to sleep and started to prepare lunch.After looking at everything we had in the fridge I decided on making grilled cheese sandwiches. It was quick and pretty easy to make.

After the toast were finished I went back to Emilies Room. "Emilie. Wake up sweet girl. Lunch is ready." The small blonde toddler sat up and rubbed her sparkling blue eyes.

"Taylor?" Her voice sounded sleepy and she looked around. "Yeah baby. I made lunch come on." She nodded and made her way out of the bed.

She followed me into the kitchen and sat down at the table."There you go." I sat a plate in front of her and set one down for myself.

I started to eat and so did Emilie. She didn't speak and just nibbled on her sandwich.

"Don't you like it?" I asked her but she just nodded. "No it's good. 'm just still sleepy." She answered and I gave her a smile.

"Okay. Do you want to paint your room today though?" I asked and she nodded.
"Yeah I'd like that." We finished our lunch and she helped me clean up the table.

"Let's go paint the walls in your room. Then we'll finish doing everything tomorrow and you can sleep in my bed today."

She gave me a look I couldn't decipher before nodding. "Kay." We went to her room that now was looking pretty plain.

"Where's the bed?" Her little blue eyes wandered over the room searching for a sign of the furniture.

"It's outside already so we can start faster." I explained while already masking the light switch and the plug socket with tape.

"Why are you doing this?" Emilie looked at me she was scrunching her nose and looked concentrated.
"So it'll be easier to clean them up when the paint dried."

I finished and turned to Emilie who looked at me with those beautiful blue eyes.

"So first thing is to paint the blue walls white." I looked at the toddler and realized we should probably to something that could get dirty.
In my room I changed to some old clothes of mine and came back with one of my shirts that already was big on me. For the small four year old it would be like a dress.

"Please change into this. So your pretty clothes won't get dirty." She nodded and changed before coming back.
I had already opened the white color and started to stir it.

Emilie started to paint on the light blue wall as she was so small she only reached like the lower third of the wall and that only if she made herself tall and stood on her tiptoes.

I was doing the dark blue wall. We had turned up some music and were listening to random songs.

I was finished before Emilie as I had a little more experience, so I went over to her wall and started to do the upper part of the wall on the parts she had already finished.

"Now why those walls dry we can start painting to do the other two walls." Together we marked a line around Emilies height that was the border between the two pink shades. The darker one was for the lower part of the room and the lighter one on the upper part of the wall.