Staring at the sunset

Taylor P.o.V.
June 2017

It's been almost six months since I adopted Emilie and in those six months so much happened.

Emilie and I had managed to do all the school work she had been missing out on and so after the summer she'll be able to study first grade level.

I worked on my next album and when I was at the study my little girl would just come with waiting for me to finish.

Most of the time she was just reading or draw but for two of my songs I asked her to help, what she absolutely loved.
She was so proud to help me with my job that I wanted to do this with her for the rest of my life.

And about two weeks ago Emilies first tooth fell out. When it happened she was so scared, because she thought it would never grow back, but when I told her that it was normal and that she'd now the tooth fairy would come she stopped crying.

"Tay look." I looked at where my little girl was sitting. "I can put the straw in my tooth gap." She said giggling and showed me how she could drink her apple juice with the straw between her teeth.

"You're a funny little girl." I said smiling at the tiny blonde.During the past few months Emilie had gotten so much more comfortable around me and other people. She wasn't as scared of introducing herself anymore and could easily be alone with someone she knew in a room.

Her adorable little personality started to come out more and more everyday. She wasn't scared to ask a bunch of questions when she didn't get something and she wouldn't stop asking till she got all of the details.

"Emilie. I got a surprise for you." I told her and her big blue eyes widened as she looked around. "Where is it?" I smiled at her excitement.

"Well that's for you to find out. I got a clue for you. Think you're ready for a little mystery?" She nodded and her smile seemed so much bigger than before.

That was another thing ever since my mom brought over my old Nancy Drew books and we started reading Emilie was constantly looking for mysteries and things to discover. She always had been an inquisitive kid but now that she decided to be a girl detective like Nancy she questioned everything, what I thought was absolutely adorable.
"Okay. You need to find a really cold place in our apartment." Her eyes looked around and she was clearly thinking about what this could mean, till she saw the refrigerator.

She jumped up and ran to open it. Inside she found a brown envelope.
"Look I found it." She sat down at the table and opened the envelope. Inside was a yellow W and a note.

"A place to go around the globe." She read out and looked at me, before her face showed realization. I heard her little footsteps on the stairs before she came back with the next envelope.
"It's a purple I." She said putting it next to the W.

"This one's easy." She put down the note and walked to where Meredith and Olivias pillow was. Walking back she held the next envelope in her hands.
"What's inside baby?" I asked, eventhough I already knew it.

"Uhm an orange A and another note. I have to find a place to colour the sky." She had sat down and was thinking about the note.

"We colored a sky on my first lesson." She suddenly exclaimed and I nodded.
"Where did we do that?" I asked her, she was already walking towards the stairs.

"The roof now come on." I laughed at her antics and followed her so she could go on the roof.

I had put the envelope inside a little flower pot so now on the roof Emilie was running around looking for it, before jumping up and down with the envelope in hands.