With a big cake, happy birthday

13.12.2017
Emilie Pov: 

It was really, really early in the morning when I  woke up. Today was mommy's birthday, the first time I'd celebrate her birthday with her. Joe was here too and some of mommy's friends would come over later.

Joe had helped me to pick out a present for her and I was really happy with what I got for her. I climbed out of my bed and went into the hallway, trying to be as quiet as possible. Joe had asked me to be quiet so mom could sleep in, he wanted to make her breakfast in bed with my help.

"Joe." I whispered quietly into their room. "Emi are you up?" I heard his low voice whispering back. "Yeah. Can we make breakfast?" There was some rustling in the room and a minute later Joe stepped out of the room. "Let's make breakfast." He held his hand out for me.

"Can we make pancakes?" "Sure, what are your mom's favorite pancakes?" "Chocolate Chip" He looked down at me. "You sure? From what I know, those are your favorite." I pouted and looked back up at him. "They are tasty and mommy likes them too, but I think she likes the ones with cinnamon the best."

Joe smiled and nodded. "I think so too. How about we make some?" I nodded while getting onto the little stool that we had in the kitchen for me. "Alright let's get started."

Joe wasn't really the best in the kitchen so it took us quite some time to finish the Pancakes, in the meantime I had already prepared the cutlery we'd take with us to the bedroom and some orange juice.

"Let's go surprise your mommy okay?" He asked, lifting the tray of food up, carrying it through the apartment. "Can we wake her up by singing happy birthday?" I asked and he nodded, so when I opened the door we both started singing.

We stood at the end of the bed and I watched as mommy moved a little before she fully opened her eyes and sat up. She looked sleepy but really happy, her smile was really big and her eyes were sparkly.

"Thank you so much." She said and smiled at us. I smiled back at her and climbed onto the bed. "Happy birthday Mommy." I hugged her and she pulled me closer.

"Thank you so much sweet girl." Joe set the tray down and sat down next to mommy. "Happy birthday my love." He kissed her lips and I quickly looked away. "We stopped kissing and now come back here."

I giggled and scooted back to the grown ups. "We made you breakfast in bed." I told her and pointed towards the food and she just smiled back at me. "Really. What did you make?"

She asked and while Joe picked up the tray to set it on the bed, I answered. "Cinnamon pancakes, coffee and cocoa and I pressed orange juice." She smiled and took the plate Joe handed her.

"Thank you so much for this. I couldn't imagine a better way to start my birthday." I just smiled and cuddled back into her side, while eating my pancakes. They were pretty good but not as good as the chocolate chip pancakes mommy made were.

"Mommy, when are your friends coming?" She brushed her hand through my hair making me look up at her. "I'm not sure. Our family is coming over for lunch and I think Selena, Gigi and Bella are coming a little earlier than the others. So probably around 4pm." I nodded and drank the last bit of my orange juice.

Yesterday I had worked extra long on my homework so I could spend the whole day with mommy and the others.

Mommy was still brushing her hand through my hair as if to reassure herself that I was sitting next to her. I looked up at her and she smiled back down at me.

"We should finish the cake for later." Mommy said and I nodded agreeing. We had prepared the cake yesterday and now we just needed to decorate it.
Everything else was finished, the decorations had been put up, the cupcakes were made and the apartment was cleaned up.