Sweet dreams of holly and ribbon

Emilie P.o.V.
24th of December 2016

Today is Christmas Eve and Taylor is going crazy. I've met Austin two days ago and ever since then I've been sleeping in my loft bed, which I absolutely love.

According to the clock in the kitchen it was only around 8am, but Taylor had already decorated the house and made breakfast, which we were eating.

"My parents and Austin are coming over this afternoon. So we've got a lot to do today. We need to bake Christmas cookies, decorate the Christmas tree and start preparing the dinner, eventhough my mom will help finishing it." I nodded and took another bite from my toast with scrambled eggs.

"I need to make presents. I already finished yours and Uncle Austins but I don't have anything for your parents."
Taylor nodded giving me a smile.
"Alright. Let's do the baking first and then I'll prepare the food while you make the presents."

"Yeah. Sounds good." I continued to eat.
After I finished my food I helped Taylor clean up.

"We'll make cutout cookies and gingerbread men cookies." Taylor said and pulled out the first recipe.
Before pulling a stool close so I could climb up on top of it.

Taylor put out the ingredients for the first cookies and together we made the first dough.

"It needs to be in the fridge for at least half an hour before we can cut out the cookies so let's do the other dough. I mean we already prepared the dough yesterday so we can cut out the gingerbread mens."

I nodded excitedly and Taylor handed me the cookie cutters. In total we had three different sizes.

Together we worked on cutting out all of the men's and put them on the tray.
After we had finished with this dough Taylor put it in the oven.

"The other dough should be ready now." "Sure. By the way Taylor?"
"Yeah?" "Can we decor them with sprinkles, icing and chocolate?" Taylor gave me a smile and pulled out a box from being her.

"Look what we got here." Inside the box were lots of different sprinkles and colors to color the icing. I squealed and started to unpack the box.

"We still need to cut out the cookies though." I heard Taylor laugh and looked up at the older blonde. She handed me another box with tons of different cookie cutters.

There were Christmas trees, snow flakes, snowman, hearts, moons, cats and so many more.

"You can do which one you want." I heard Taylor say and nodded. Together we cut out all of the cookies, Taylor had to get the gingerbread men out at one point though, and put them in the oven to bake for twenty minutes.

"We need to let all of the cookies cool. How about you make your presents and I start with the dinner preparations and when both of us are finished we decorate the cookies?"

"Yeah." I said jumped down from the stool and ran to my room, where I sat down at my table. For Taylor I had drawn a picture of her, Meredith, Olivia and I.

Taylor had shown me a picture of Austin and her as kids, that apparently he really liked, so I had painted a frame for it and put a lot of gem stones on it. Taylor helped me with it.

But I really didn't know what to give to her parents as I hadn't met them. Taylor had said to give them one of the photos of us we had made the last couple of weeks and paint the frame like I did for Austins.

So I went through all of the pictures and found the picture of Taylor and me with color in our hair after we had our paint war a few days ago.

I decided to us this and got the frame. I started to paint it in white and after it dried I put gemstones on it so it sparkled really pretty.