5

January 28, 2020,NIS branch headquarter, Naegok-dong, Seoul

January 28, 2020,
NIS branch headquarter, Naegok-dong, Seoul.

Jin was checking some files for the last time. The coffee in front of him turned cold long ago. He glanced at his watch. It's almost four. He had to go out soon. There were two meetings set for the night. And He was supposed to take Nari out at five. Maybe she was waiting.

He met this young geologist in the last Amazon expedition. She is a beautiful, confident and smart girl. The interest was solely from her side though, but she was patient and persistent. She didn't have anything lacking, in one word, a likable girl. He didn't refuse when she asked him to meet her. He needed to head out soon if he didn't want to be late.

He peeked at his watch again and got up. He better not be late.

He came out of his room and gave his secretary the papers and asked to compose those for him gently.

The intercom in his room rang before he leaves. He came back to his room and picked it up.

"Kim Seokjin, you have been summoned," Soojin's dramatic voice came out from the phone.

Jin frowned a little. What was Soojin doing here?

"Come quick. Cheif has been asking for you!"

When it's Soojin, it must be a joke. So Jin glanced at his watch one more time and answered shortly, "I won't."

"Why? May I know?" This time the husky and deep voice was from an elderly man.

Jin's face froze at once. It was chief on the intercom.

"I..."

"Come to my office, now!" The phone was cut.

Jin let out a breath and put down the receiver.

Lee Soojin was sitting behind the counter of the chief's secretary in front of his office. Seeing Jin, a sly smile appeared on her face.

"You didn't tell me he was in the line," Jin raised a brow at her.

"You have a bad temper, little guy. Think before you say something next time," She indicated to him a specific door, "Go, see for yourself if you still have the job."

"Trust me, you won't be happy if I lose the job," Jin winked and went in.

Soojin let out a chuckle and concentrated on the paper in her hands. Seeing a pair of eyes on her, she looked to her side, "What?"

Cheif's actual secretary, Jihyun was sitting there with a shook expression.

"Did he...did he just speak with you casually and even winked at you? Unnie? I have been working here for the last five years and never heard him say more than one sentence!"

Soojin just smiled.

"Tell me unnie, who are you?"

"Show me the papers," Soojin avoided the question.