49.

Arya was knocking on the door relentlessly in the middle of the night

She didn't expect the door to be opened as she knew the occupant of the room actually can see her through the peephole.
And to be honest, he didn't like her. And if possible, he didn't like to have any sort of involvement with her.

But that wasn't possible cause earlier that day, they fought.
Not fight actually, a disagreement.

He was always unapologetically harsh towards her method of working. Never approved her "result matters most" strategy rather following rules and making everything right as she goes.

He was on the other hand, Perfect.

She was hundred percent sure that the occupant of the room will just go back to sleep seeing her outside of the door.

But surprising her a little, Jin opened the door and looked at her,
"Something happened?"

Arya awkwardly smiled and brought her hand from her side with a few beer cans in a bag, "I came to make up."

She thought Jin would be surprised.
But the boy was indifferent as always.

He looked at her hand for a few seconds and nodded a little, "I don't drink."

"My bad!" Arya smiled a little and stepped back, "sorry for the disturbance, go back to sleep."

"Arya..."

"Goodnight, Jin! Sorry, I woke you up!" Arya waved at him and turned back.

Bummer! She should have known he wouldn't drink.
The problem with her was, she never could see Jin in eyes different from hers.

No matter how strict he was, how sturdy he was, no matter how much the coursemates bad-mouthed him or worshiped him, he was, at the end of the day- a human.

And a human needed interactions. A friend, or foe. Whatever Jin preferred.

They both were in the special base camp in Busan.
All of their coursemates went for the vacation after long terms.
And like math constant, she and Jin both stayed back.
They had a few coursemates accompany them this time for a frogman course.

They dived under the ocean the whole day.
Dehydration and tiredness were so prominent that it was normal that they were supposed to sleep through the night.

But here she was- wandering along the dormitory area.
This base wasn't as strict as the Academy. So she was free to roam, even she could go out of the base if she wanted.
Additional courses gave her this freedom.

If it was in the academy, she wouldn't have the access to boy's dorm even.

She picked up one of the beer cans and chucked it.