58.

Triggering contents ahead:

Arya turned extremely excited and restless in the dawn of the seventh day.
Jin left the cabin after locking the door.

He knew Arya was almost at the end of these drug effects. Her heart could stop any time now.
She could be turned on and she'd be super aggressive if that happens.
One hour more or two hours at best.
That was now her limit.

She'd throw all her frustrations and anger towards him or she'll just probably grow immense hatred towards him with all the chaos happening around her.

Picking up the chair, mug, and satellite phone, Jin left the cabin and locked it.

Setting the alarm, he slept beside the spring for an hour.

Then he went back to the cabin with all the courage he could summon.
He knew either she was dead or just asleep.

Arya seemed dead at first glance.
She was soaked in her sweat, laying still with not a single motion of any muscle.
The floor was overflowing with water Jin poured on Arya.

Jin slowly stopped beside Arya's bed to examine her if she was still alive.
She was laying in an extremely uncomfortable position.

Jin touched on Arya's shoulder slightly. The skin was ice cold. He
felt for her heartbeat and then moved his fingers below her jaw. Checking her carotid pulse.

The artery was vibrating slightly.

He stood up and looked at her laying there like a corpse in a soaked mattress and her sweat.

He felt like he never had seen anyone this innocent ever in his life.
Like a blooming flower, she was just existing there, against all odds.

He called her softly for few times. But she didn't have senses anymore.
He picked her up and came out of the nightmarish cabin after so many days.

He put her down beside the spring and went back to his tent. He picked up an oversized hoodie and came back.

Picking her up again, Jin came down in the water.
He cleaned her carefully taking time and dried her with a dry towel. Then changed her into the hoodie he brought.

He then carried her down to the mountain foot, put her into the pick-up truck, and drove towards the mansion.

He carried her into his bedroom and carefully laid her down in his bed and covered her with the blanket.

Arya murmured something in her sleep but didn't move.

Making sure she was safe, Jin came back to the cabin.
He took time to clean the whole area, cleared everything that was no longer needed there, and loaded everything in the pick-up truck.

When he was done, there was nothing but the cabin left in the tableland as a witness of the past one month of two humans passing probably the most uncertain time of their lives.

Jin came back to the mansion, washed the mattress, the blankets, Arya's dresses one by one, and let them hang out to dry in the back yards.
The necessary items were shoved back to where they belonged.

At last, he went for a hot shower. As if trying to erase all the memories for the past few days, he slowly let the water run through his tired skin.

Getting dressed, he came back to his bedroom and again checked on Arya if she was still breathing.

She was breathing slowly, but regularly.

He came back to the kitchen.

He took out two whole chickens from the mini-fridge. Spread the chunks of chicken in olive oil inside the frying pan after breaking down the chickens.

He transferred the chickens after they were fried enough into a big pot.

He chopped down some shallots, carrots, tomatoes, beans, peas, coriander, and mint leaves, and some types of leafy vegetables he could get his hands on from the garden and all of these went into the pot.
He lowered the heat, added water, and covered the pot with a lid, and left it there to cook slowly.

He again came back to the bedroom.
He laid down beside her and carefully held her from the side.

He sensed Arya moving restlessly in her slumber. But every time she moved away, she again came back and curled up against Jin's chest clutching his shirt in her fist tightly.

She was conscious. God knew why, every now and then, her eyes and cheeks got wet with tears slowly.

Every time Jin wiped the tears from the corner of her eyes, more came out to fill up the empty spot. And Jin, at last, gave up and pulled her a little bit closer and let her tears slowly drench his shirt.

After a long time, she finally slept like a quiet bird clinging to Jin for dear life.
She slept without worry and probably with the most peaceful sleep she had in a year or two.

The midnight came.

Then dawn.

Filling up a bowl with the thick soup of chicken and vegetables, Jin came back to Arya in the morning. Waking her up softly, he fed her.

After she finished, Jin wiped her mouth and patted her back to sleep.

She woke up a few hours later. Again Jin gave her a lot of soup.

Seeing her oversized hoodie Arya asked him softly for bringing her dress from her room.
Jin waited outside the room while she slipped into her t-shirt and trousers.

After Arya was done, Jin again came back and covered her with a blanket and stroked her head gently, "go back to sleep again."

Arya was drifting again in sleep but remembering something she was stirring up, but Jin's index softly pressed in between Arya's brows, flattening the crease he hummed disapproving, "don't ask, don't think too much. Sleep now."

"But Jin..." Arya mumbled.

"Later. You are safe now. Don't worry."

Arya felt for Jin's presence beside her and gripped a fist full of his soft shirt in between her fingers and mumbled sleepily, "come on, sleep here. There is plenty of room."

"I'll be here." Jin's voice was still soft and gentle.

Arya felt she was sensing the voice of a whisp in the middle of a mysterious forest covered in thick fog, calling her slowly from very far away.

His voice was soothing, slowly putting her back to sleep with soft words, and the warmth inside her chest she felt whenever this man looked at her was again slowly spreading over her whole body, drowning her into a gentle warmth of softness.

She again fell asleep with a soft voice in her ear and with two strong hands holding her with gentle care and affection.

She unconsciously mumbled the words she wanted to say before, "You shouldn't be this good to me. I have nothing to pay you back with..."

Did she say it aloud?
Or was it just inside her head?
Nevertheless, she finally fell asleep.
Again.

[ End of three chapters-long agonies at last!
Sorry for the triggering scenarios.
I promise the next chapters will be better again 😊]