47.

Triggering contents ahead:

The beach was lit with a few large campfires here and there and trillions of stars in the night sky above.
All native Chamoru came here with the best dress they have in their possessions. The unbridled wind was scattering the flames of the campfires around, blowing away the red coal flakes from the fire pit, like red fireflies flying into the darkness.

Few volunteers were in charge of the barbecue of the shrimp and lobsters caught during the low tide.
Muscles, clams, crabs, and one large marline caught during the annual sail boating for the festival- all were slowly being prepared above the hot coal.

An aroma of native ingredients was in the air.

The ambiance was lively and cheery. The young lads were playing native bongos, which were hand-made by them in leisure time in the offseason when the pearl farms pause production and are done with seeding the shells for next year's harvest.

With the loud cheers and rhythm of bongos, teenagers and older people were dancing in pairs on the sand. People were deep in friendly conversation in a few small circles who were either tired of dancing for so long or just didn't feel like dancing.

Arya was enjoying herself very much. She came back to where Jin was sitting with a small cup made of half of the coconut shell.

Arya recognized The contents of the cup. She downed almost four cups of it already. It's a kind of native liquor,  made from the fermented coconut flower with a type of seaweed.

It was hella strong. Even a hard hitter like herself also agreed that drinking that strong liquor is choosing violence.
Who the hell decided to offer it to Jin?

She just had a hilarious dancing duet with teenagers who have already laughed their hearts out with Arya's hilarious moves and the easy-going yet shamelessly infectious laughing.

She was already out of her element and decided to sit down for a while.

"You planning on having that?" Arya sat down beside Jin and indicated him towards the cup in his hand.

Jin offered his hand towards Arya without any word, and she gladly received the cup.
Arya took the liquor and drank without hesitation.

She wasn't drunk, not even close to it. But she felt a little tipsy and she liked it. Being a tiny lightheaded isn't bad after tiring long days.

She was in a white sundress with sunflowers painted on it.
She came here with her typical shirt and jeans with converse. But Mrs. Cadassi dragged her inside her house and shoved this dress in her hand to put on.
Very casual dress, not very appropriate for a festival, but definitely more pleasing than worn-out jeans and an oversized shirt.

Her converse had already been replaced by sandals made from coconut ropes.

She had a sun hat until the sun was down to the horizon, but now it has been replaced by the flower tiara she got while joining in the dance among the group of teenagers.