41.

The flying boat was taxing through the calm, majestic blue water of Java bay like a white little toy plane leaving two parallel waves behind its floats

Arya was checking on the readings carefully. Last night, she sneaked into her apartment, took whatever was necessary in a backpack, and here they were now, in the latest model twin otter amphibian plane.

She didn't know how Jin managed, but general Jeon Jae su indeed secured a flying permit and let Jin take his plane. They stopped in Thailand, Guam, and Java island for refueling in the middle.

"Care to explain where we are setting to?"
Arya finally asked. She slept almost the whole way through the whole day.

"It's an island near Marshal archipelagos."

"What is the name?"

"Local name is Petlas. Chamorro for Pearl. Chamorros are indigenous people living there for eons. It's a small island with a very insignificant coral atoll belt around it. It is far from the shipping route, so tourists or outsiders go there rarely."

"Which country owns this island?" Arya asked curiously, "normally these are occupied by the American and the French, right?"

"The bigger ones, yes. But tiny ones like Petlas which are far from the archipelago are just spared and given to the sole ownership." Jin said from the pilot seat.

"Don't tell me..." Arya frowned and seeing Jin not defending or saying anything otherwise, her eyes widened, "hell no! Your father owns this?"

"It was purchased for a project, he bought it under his name by the instruction of the government. But the project was declared abolished a few years after it started. And he took the opportunity to cut the government tie with the island, refunded them, and became a sole owner."

"You are saying it like it's a piece of cake!" Arya was still dumbfounded,
"Hell, man! How rich you are? Why didn't I get this much money when I was in force? I remember I was almost broke!"

"Well, You weren't a high-end general during the colonial period or you didn't establish a shipping company across the world back then, did you?"

"Whoa! Who the hell in your family did that? Which grandpa?" Arya's eyes were already almost popping out of her socket.

"Someone in the past. Where did all the fortunes come from you think?"

"I thought probably you guys go incognito at night and come around doing bank robbery." Arya shrugged and looked at Jin and realized a slight, very slight curve in the corner of his lips.

"Oh my God!"

Jin instantly frowned with her loud gasp and quickly looked around,
"What happened?"

"You just smiled!"

"No, I didn't." Jin's face was again straight.

"You did." Arya dismissed him, "but I need to see it once more. Can you do it again?"