32.

When Arya reached the third helipad, the bus carrying the cadets for their first vacation probably had already set for their destination from the opposite side of the academy

When Arya reached the third helipad, the bus carrying the cadets for their first vacation probably had already set for their destination from the opposite side of the academy. But she wasn't sad at all missing her first vacation after a hell of the first term as an air force cadet.

Seeing the person waiting by the railing with a backpack in his shoulder, Arya suddenly felt giddy,
"Hey, Jin! Didn't know you would be here too!"

"It's Seokjin." His answer was short.

"So, Jin..." Arya didn't give his words much attention, "why didn't you go on your vacation? Everyone went for it!"

"Why didn't you?" Jin didn't bother to look at her.

"Oh, me?" Arya shrugged and sat on the concrete helipad, waiting for the officer who was supposed to take them to the special training camp.
"I have no home to return to."

Jin looked at her.

"You know," Arya brushed the topic off lightly, "my parents...well they are not around. Appa died when I was little, and my eomma went abroad with my sister after their divorce before he died. Heard they are good, so one less thing to worry about." She smiled, "And my foster parents...actually they don't care about me much. I am going to move out once I pass out from here anyway. What about you?"

Jin's face didn't reveal much of what he was thinking, his gentle voice again spoke, "My condolences."

"Aish this proper boy!" Arya cringed,
"Don't do that. I don't care about them anyway. It's pointless. Why did you apply for this course?"

Jin didn't linger on the conversation much, but surprisingly Arya wasn't in her talking machine mood either or she just decided to give Jin a break this time.

"I have a younger brother at home," Suddenly Jin said breaking the silence.

Arya looked at him with slight surprise. Was he starting a proper conversation so suddenly?
"You miss him?"

Jin didn't answer. But his gaze went down a little.

"Why didn't you go then?"

"They...He..." Jin again stopped.

Arya got up from the pavement and stood beside him and put a palm on his shoulder. Jin was a little startled but didn't shake her hands off his shoulder like always.

"You still can go if you want."

"I can't." Jin shook his head left and right.

"Wanna talk about it?" Arya was a little cautious. Seemed like this boy has something to say. But not at all surprisingly, he remained silent.