four

"Looks like the cowards won't ever show up, right?" Taehyun asked, and Yeonjun hummed a reply.

"They know who they're messing with, Tae. We're their friends, but when it's a match, I see nothing but enemy in them." Yeonjun spoke dramatically which caused Taehyun to look at him in disbelief.

"Seriously, hyung? That was a bit too much." Taehyun stated, and Yeonjun looked offended.

"Hey! I was just trying to get in the match spirit." Yeonjun whined.

"That's called war spirit, not match spirit."

"This match is nothing but a war, and it's a one which we're going to win-" Yeonjun spoke, using his hands to portray the dramatic effect that came with his lines.

"Alright, you stop there, hyung." Taehyun declared, pulling Yeonjun's hands down.

"Why, is my acting bad?" Yeonjun asked.

"Very." Taehyun said, and Yeonjun slapped him on the arm.

"Oh, look who's here." Yeonjun sneered once he looked at Soobin and Beomgyu approaching the room, and Soobin stuck out a tongue at him.

"We're going to thrash them." Taehyun smirked, and then did his signature high-five with Yeonjun.

Yes, signature high-five. Before the other males came, Yeonjun and Taehyun made up a sort of a high-five just to intimidate Soobin and Beomgyu. And believe it or not, that technique actually worked.

Soobin gulped harshly and looked at Beomgyu who did the same. His eyes screamed, 'We're done for!', and Soobin seemed to understand it.

"Um, let's start!" Beomgyu said, but it came out as more of a question.

"Yes, of course. Let's get this over with, Yeonjun." Taehyun said, and looked at Yeonjun who inturn gave him a knowing smirk.

The racquets were taken out, and so was the ball and just as they were going to toss for the serve, two new entries made their appearance in the room.

"Oh, hey Yeonjun." Hyunjin said, and Yeonjun looked up at him. His roommate.

"Hey Hyunjin, Hey there Vanessa." Yeonjun waved with the ball in his hand.

Vanessa stuck to Hyunjin like glue. He had his hand draped around her waist, and he had her pulled lightly towards him.

"You and Taehyun versus Soobin and Beomgyu?" He asked at the odd formation of teams, and Yeonjun nodded.

"Alright, bro you either stay or leave." Yeonjun said,tossing the ball in his hand. "We've got some winning to do."

He nodded, and looked at Vanessa, who bit her lip and nodded.

Hyunjin said, "This is going to be one heck of a match." he sighed as they plopped on the couch nearby.

Yeonjun looked at Taehyun, and served the ball, and Soobin slammed the ball on the table hard. The ball bounced violently, and hit the ceiling.

Beomgyu facepalmed himself at Soobin's behaviour. Wow, he was definitely the wrong person he'd chosen.

Soobin blushed shyly, and scratched the back of his neck. Oops, he didn't know how to play.

Yeonjun looked at Soobin in disbelief, and his eyes grew wide. He looked back at Taehyun, who looked at Soobin too.

"Bro, you know how to play, right?" Taehyun asked, and Soobin shook his head.

Ah, no wonder.

Yeonjun nodded and then shifted positions with Taehyun, and served again, this time to Beomgyu.

Beomgyu, thankfully, wasn't as bad as Soobin and he managed a weak receive on Taehyun's side of the table.

The latter smashed the ball in Soobin's court and the taller just stared at the ball which hit the table and fell on the ground.

He looked at Beomgyu, and then at his feet, and realised that he had to go and pick up the ball. He ran back to retrieve the ball, and Beomgyu muttered a small 'gosh', under his breath.

"Eyes on the ball, okay?" Beomgyu instructed and Soobin nodded, looking right back at Yeonjun who was now going to serve to him.

"Watch out, babe." Yeonjun said, and then realised what he said.

Soobin's eyes went as wide as saucers at that. Because seriously,babe?

"What did you just call him?" Taehyun asked, and Yeonjun himself had no idea.

"What the fuck, Yeonjun? I'm not your babe." Soobin snapped, and Yeonjun nodded.

"I didn't mean it, obviously." Yeonjun rolled his eyes and Soobin finally breathed.

"Okay shut it, I'm here to watch the game." Vanessa said lazily, and Beomgyu glared at her.

"Go away Vanessa." Beomgyu muttered, and she huffed.

"Let's go, Jinnie." And Hyunjin got up along with her, and exited the room with his hand around her waist.

Before actually leaving, Yeonjun said something like, "Hyunjin, bros before hoes." And Hyunjin looked back and glared at him.

Yeonjun rolled his eyes, and served to Beomgyu this time. The score being one-four.

Beomgyu sighed. Hyunjin was right. This was definitely going to be one heck of a game, and Beomgyu dreaded it.
______________________________________