twenty five

Soobin wonders what he's done to deserve this. Rainy season, everyone has gone home and he's sitting in his dorm all alone, with a broken leg.

Wow, the best vacations ever.

How is he going to survive days without his friends, and not being able to move around?

He hates all of this. He just wishes he had a normal life too, with parents who would come and take care of him.

In anger, he even cursed that innocent girl who called out his name. Afterall, it wasn't her fault, or anyone's fault for the matter.

As usual, every vacation or long break comes, and everyone goes back to their house, rejoicing and happy with their parents.

Soobin wants to feel that too, but it's too late.

His grandparents called him over home, don't get them wrong. But he knows that if they find out about his broken leg, they'd make a bigger deal out of it, and he doesn't want that. They're already old and have Soobin's responsibility, and they're going to go an extra mile, and Soobin doesn't want to bother them.

He sighed as he attempted to turn in his bed, but slightly winced out in pain when he couldn't.

He hates bones. If they weren't there, then they wouldn't break, right?

Soobin picked up his phone and looked through all the notifications he had missed because he was busy looking out of the window.

87 New messages
5 from Beomgyu
8 from Huening Kai
74 from <33

6 Missed Calls from <33
Just now

He sighed as he opened Hueningkai's chats, and read through them

Huening Kai:
Hey hyung
Good morning!
I reached late yesterday that's y I couldn't tell ya
But I met both of them!
Grandma and Grandpa r both doing great!
They really miss u
U shouldve come too
They're kinda sad tho,, but it's okay, you'll meet them in the next break, right?

Soobin:
Ahh, u reached that's good
And tell them I miss them too
I'll be back home soon

Okay Huening Kai? Check. Next up in line, Beomgyu.

Beomgyu:
Hey hyung
Are you fineeeee?
I reached homeeeeeeeeeeee
I miss u
I'm coming back soon

Soobin sighed as he was going to type in a lie saying that he was fine and stuff. He wasn't fine at all.

Just then, his phone rang.

Incoming call from <33

Soobin picked up the call instantly, and put the phone to his ear.

"Hello-"

"WHAT THE FUCK, SOOBIN? I CALLED YOU SIX TIMES!". Came Yeonjun's overly concerned voice.

"I was sleeping, Yeonjun-"

"You never sleep till this late, Soobin." Yeonjun stated and Soobin bit his lip.

"Anyway, guess where I am?" Yeonjun said excitedly.

"Finally on your bed at home?" Soobin guessed, but Yeonjun gave 'no' as a response.

"Um,okay. Hanging out with your friends?"

"You guys are literally the only friends I have."

"Did you just friendzone me?" Soobin gasped dramatically, and pretended to be hurt.

"No, no, of course not, darling. You're my boyfriend.One and only." Yeonjun joked and Soobin laughed.

How happy and normal all of this felt to Soobin. Them pretending to be a couple, Yeonjun calling him sweet names; that was just how it was. Now if Yeonjun calls him something like plain Soobin, he feels like something is wrong. He already feels better and he's just heard Yeonjun's voice.