nine

The day was here. The day Soobin dreaded the most.

Valentines's day.

He went under his blanket, not wanting to get up. He knew if he stepped foot out of his dorm today, he's going to be attacked with flowers, gifts and whatnot.

Huening pulled over the blankets over Soobin's head. "Hyung, get up, the drill has began."

Soobin groaned, and pulled the covers over head, refusing to get up.

"Hyung, please get up from here because the gifts have begun to come and you gotta thank the people." Huening said, and Soobin curled into a ball.

"I don't want to." Soobin pouted, and Huening pulled off the blanket.

"See, you can't be stuck here all day because you've got a class. Now, if you don't get up, I'll have to push you off the bed."

"You can't push me off the bed." Soobin stated with pouted lips, and Huening felt challenged.

"Oh so you want me to-" Huening said, and pushed Soobin off the bed in an effortless manner and the elder let out a small squeal.

"Ouch, Ning. You're strong." Soobin said, rubbing his arm which landed down on the floor.

"I know that. Now get up and get ready, you're already late for class."

Soobin groaned. He hated valentine's day.

_________________________________________________

"Okay, thank you, but I really don't think I want to date someone right now." Soobin sighed, and the petite girl in front of him pouted.

"But oppa, why? You're so handsome and I'm so pretty-" Jihye began, and latched on to Soobin's arm.

"Okay that's enough Jihye. I'm not dating you." Soobin said firmly, and pushed her hand off. "Keep these flowers for yourself." He said before handing over the flowers back to her, and turning and leaving.

Great. All because of some stupid valentine's day, he was very very late for his mathematics lecture.

He quickly walked through the corridors, and hung his head down, so no one would stop him. He was usually early to his class, but look where he is because of the particular date.

He flung the door open and the entire class and the teacher looked at him as if he were an outcast.

"Well, Mr.Choi? Why are you so late?" His teacher Mrs. Lee asked with her hand on her hips.

"Well you see-" Soobin began, "I woke up late at first, and my room was full of gifts. It's Valentine's day, y'know? I actually hate today, because I get so many gifts which I don't want. And once I say no to someone, they just don't seem to get it, but who's gonna tell them that no is no? I'm not up for dating anyone and-"

"Alright, Mr.Choi. It get it. Sit down." Mrs. Lee interrupted, and thats when Soobin realised that he had been rambling.

He looked at all the students sitting and staring at his face, and he sort of blushed, embarrassed of the fact that he began talking out of nowhere.

He slowly went and sat next to Yeonjun who kind of smiled at him.

"Happy Valentine's,baby." He whispered into Soobin's ear and his face heated up.

"Yah, I just said I hated Valentine's day. Stop wishing me that." Soobin said, trying to hide his blush.

"Hm." Yeonjun said, turning away from Soobin's face and looking at the board. "Whatever you say, your Highness."

_____________________________________________________

The college broke out for lunch, and the yeonbin 'couple' were walking towards the cafeteria, to meet their friends.

Yeonjun and Soobin were discussing about their schedules after lunch, until Lia walked upto them.

"Hello Soobin!" Lia chirped completely ignoring Yeonjun's presence, and Soobin rolled his eyes.

Lia, or better known as Choi Jisu, was one of a kind. It was Soobin's main goal to avoid Lia as far as possible. Avoid her, without making it look like he was avoiding her.

Every year, she was one of the most persistent ones. Her gifts were literally everywhere, and when Soobin said everywhere, he meant it.

Last year, he found a small bracelet with his intials 'CSB' on it, inside the bathroom of his dorm along with a small note which said it was from Lia. God even knows how she got in there to put it.

"What is it that you want, Lia?" Soobin asked, not even bothering to greet her properly. She was pretty; and there was absolutely no reason for Soobin to not date her.

But he just didn't want to. If she had genuinely liked Soobin, then she would respect his personal space and express her love 365/24.

But she only remembered Soobin on Valentine's day. Love was a fake emotion anyway. Then why celebrate it?

"We both know what I want, Bin." She curled her hair with her fingers, a terrible attempt to flirt. She grabbed Soobin's hand, and intertwined her arms with Soobin's. "Let me take you out on one date, Soobin."

"I'm not interested, and we both know it, Lia." Soobin said, trying to free himself from her grasp.

"But give me one chance, Soobin." Lia said slowly, and Soobin knew what was coming next. She was moving closer to the wall, and he knew what she was upto. Only thing was that he didn't have time to react.

She pushed the male to the wall, and kind of trapped Soobin. He gritted his teeth. He could easily move from there, but he'd hurt Lia because the way she was standing, he'll flung her arm away. And Soobin was the most non violent person.

"Soobin baby-" Lia began, but her hand which was reaching up to cup Soobin's cheek was flung away by Yeonjun, and boy, he looked angry.

"He said no, right?" Yeonjun said with gritted teeth, and his voice almost came out as a growl. "Get the fuck away from him, Lia. I don't want to see you here again."

Lia scanned Yeonjun from head to toe. "Woah woah, calm there dude. Stop taking out your anger on me. It's just because you haven't got a date, right? Jelly dude." She rolled her eyes, and turned back to face Soobin.

Once again, her small arm was pushed away by Yeonjun. "I have got a date, and I'm afraid you're annoying him right now. Say one more word and I won't hesitate to tackle you to the ground." Yeonjun spoke in the most annoyed tone Soobin had ever seen him use, and it kind of scared him too.

Lia raised an eyebrow at him, and then looked at Soobin. "Yeonjun? Your date?" She questioned, and Soobin gulped.

"Yes, now fuck off." Yeonjun said, and grabbing Soobin's hand, dragged him to the cafeteria.

_____________________________________________