twenty four

Sighing deeply, and after looking at the gate from where Yeonjun left around ten minutes ago, Soobin finally decided to move from there.

Beomgyu and Taehyun were standing there as well, and looking at the glum look on Soobin's face, they didn't comment about it.

"Hey Soobin hyung." Beomgyu greeted.

Soobin looked up at Beomgyu and managed a weak smile. "Hello you two. Enjoy your vacations."

"You too, hyung." Taehyun tried to cheer him up, and he looked fine on the outside, but they were his friends, and they could tell when Soobin was feeling happy or when he was down.

This was definitely one of the cases where Soobin was feeling down, and everyone knew it.

Soobin didn't mind it though.

He had to come out of his glum mood, or else life would be hell for him.

And so, after taking a deep breath, Soobin smiled.

Soobin smiled, and he meant it. He went through all the things he could do within a free month.

He didn't have to study at all, and he just had all the time in the world.

Which meant he could watch tons of movies, blast songs all day long, and no one would care.

Soobin had all the freedom, why was he sulking? 

Chuckling at his odd behaviour, he walked confidently back to his room, gearing up to plan out his entire vacation.

Climbing up the stairs, Soobin remembered that he left his phone at the football ground  near the gate, when he had gone to leave Yeonjun at the gate.

Sighing, Soobin turned back at the last step of the stairs, and began climbing down.

A girl called out, "Soobin Oppa!", which made Soobin to turn back at see where the voice was coming from.

While doing so, Soobin suddenly lost his balance, and went tumbling down the stairs in a fast motion and before he could even understand what was happening around him, and he reached the bottom of the stairs. 

He saw people gathering around him, and well, that was the last thing he saw before passing out.

_____________________________________________

Groaning and then waking up after what felt like ages, Soobin stretched his arms before he had the strength to open his eyes and register where he was.

It wasn't his room, and last time he didn't wake up in his room, he woke up in Yeonjun's room. But this looked nothing like what he had seen before, and then the smell in the room struck him.

Hospitals.

The one place Soobin hated, or rather was scared of, were hospitals. Anything ever happened to him, and he tried to cure it by himself, and never go to the hospital.

Hospitals were useless places full of scary injections and icky medicines.

Trying to get up from his bed, and failing terribly, Soobin groaned in pain.

And then the events of the morning came back to him. Him falling down the stairs, because of some stupid girl who called out his name.

Sighing he tried to turn in his bed, but failed to do so.

A couple of minutes later, a nurse walked into his room, and seeing him awake, he called out to the doctor, "Doctor Yongsun ( a/n: if you know, you know ;) ), he's awake!"

Least to say, along with hospitals, Soobin hated doctors too.

"Oh, is he?" A female voice came, and the doctor walked into his room.

"How are you feeling, Soobin-ssi?" Yongsun asked, and Soobin shot her a look.

"I can't move." He replied. "Who got me here?"

"Some boy. His name is Hyunjin, I think." She replied. "That's besides the matter, Soobin-ssi."

"If you can't move, and if it hurts, then we might have to get an x-ray done." She explained. "To check if it's a fracture."

Soobin sighed. For so many years, he tried to avoid all sorts of scary hospital procedures, and now he might have had a fracture? Life sucks. 

And his vacations were all gone waste, only sitting in the hospital and eating bland food while not being able to move his leg.

"Okay." He muttered bitterly, hoping it wasn't what he thought it was.

___________________________________________________

"So," Yongsun walked up to Soobin, and the boy had prayed to all the supernatural powers for her to give him some sort of a good news.

"There's kind of a good news." She said, and Soobin's face lit up.

"There's no crack in the bone, thankfully, but it's a hairline fracture." She said, and Soobin wanted to punch everything in front of him. "You can go back home, but there'll be a cast on you." She explained. "And bed rest for atleast two weeks."

Soobin groaned. Vacations went waste indeed.

____________________________________________________