Part 20: A Chance

"I Loved you and.... still do" 

he spoke without hesitation and hot fluid stream down his cheeks.

Only he knows how much he curse himself for not clearing thing at the very moment and run away. He felt disgusted in himself.

Halsey: "W-What? " she can't believe her ears.

Vance: "Yes I love you... since when, I also don't know, but one thing I learned from being with you all these years of highschool and college.... I can't live without you. I liked you. You became my habit and when I realized and wanted to confess, I was already late."

He look down.

Vance: "The day I was about to propose you, you brought your boyfriend and told you love him more than anything. It hurts to see you with someone else but for your happiness I accept my defeat."

Halsey: "Then why you did that?" she asked coldly.

Vance: "A-Although I let you go but the feeling never fade away... It pinched my heart to see you laughing and smile to a man who is not m-me. Then one day, you announced your marriage. I lost my all hopes to get you back, so I decided to leave."

he bit his lips to control his burst out.

Vance: "I tried to control my selfishness but when... I saw you dressed so beautifully in that wedding gown I can't stop myself. I was so happy for you but sad that all this wasn't for me."

Halsey: "And you shamelessly kiss someone else's bride.... you sucks, and who will believe you when you always a playboy...."

she scoff but from inside she was shivering on his confession

Vance: "I always had this weird feeling for you but ignored, I try to distract myself with other girls but in the end my mind stuck with you... That day the kiss we shared... I meant it."

he said looking straight in her eyes where as Halsey was devastated.

Halsey: "Then why did you vanish away? WHY DIDN'T YOU CAME BACK!?!" more tear fall from her eyes.

Vance: "Because I can't see you in other man's embrace!! I don't wanted to shatter and cry to myself for being idiot and wasted all those years in fighting with you. I don't wanted to be a third wheeler in your happiness"

he started crying heavily which pinch her heart.

Halsey: "V-Vance.... the happiness you are calling was my sadness..." she spoke between her sob.

Vance: "W-What?..."

Halsey chuckle bitterly: "I also had crush on you but seeing you with different girls every time scares me that you will do same with my feelings. Then I met Kelvin, he helped me to get over you. He was always there for me, I thought he is the one for me." 

she clench her fist.

 Halsey: "I was so happy but then you messed everything. Still being my first love I waited for you to return and listen your explanation. I feel so ashamed to say but yes I was looking for you while walking on altar for my soon to be husband. But you already left like pussy." she sniff

Halsey: "I decided to erase your memories completely and accept the man I choose. But life played me, he played me *sob*... in 1 year of marriage I found him cheating on me. What I didn't did for him, after taking vow I love him only him, with every breath and in the end I got betrayed. Whether it was you or him... I WAS THE ONE LEFT ALONE WITH BROKEN HEART!!"