Part 22: Life and Money

Parker: "I m... quitting"

Mr. Bicketts: "Are you out of your mind!! Have you gone crazy?!!"

He shout where as Parker just stand with blank face.

Parker: "Yes... I have gone crazy and I don't want to be here anymore."

Mr. Bicketts: "What happen to you? You were all fine before I went and now you are splitting dumb shits..."

Parker: "I m sorry but its my final decision. I don't want to talk further."

He look at him with anger and worries.

Mr. Bicketts: "You have worked so hard to reach here. We both have passed countless night to strong up our business. And in few months I will give you full command if you are want it. I will do anything just stay and handle the company. It will be safe only in your hands."

Parker sigh: "I don't want it they are just useless for me, I have given my resignation and property. I will leave"

He turn but Mr. Bicketts stop him with his words.

Mr. Bicketts: "Is it because of that girl?...."

Silence covered the room.

Parker: "I will be leaving."

Before he take further step his father turn him and slap him across the face.

Mr. Bicketts: "Are you are fucking idiot!! I told you to throw her out of your life. But you never listen and see how she brainwashed your mind!!"

Parker: "JUST STOP!!"

Mr. Bicketts eyes widen. For the first time Parker raised his voice against him with caught him off guard.

Mr Bicketts: "Did you just--"

Parker: "I said stop!"

His eyes started brimming.

Parker: "Why? Why you always do this?! Fu'kn WHY?!"

Parker: "Why did you saved me that day... Why did you put all blame on her when I was defaulter!" he broke down

Parker: "I was stupid to lie but you.. you should have stopped me rather than destroying someone's life."

Mr. Bicketts: "I did it for you!"

Parker: "Screw this I never wanted that! You! Its always you wanted me to be on top. You force me to accuse her for cheating and scandal!"

Mr. Bicketts: "Aren't you living a good and successful life because of it? Do you think you would be sleeping under a roof and fill your stomach like today, can your friendship feed you like this whole life?!"

Parker look away and chuckle bitterly.

He bit his lips in disbelief to see how thick minded his father is.

Parker: "Yeah I got food but I was always alone to eat it. I got roof to sleep under but I never got a peaceful sleep."

He clench is fist and look straight in his father's eyes.

Parker: "You just want my professional image all perfect but have you ever seen how broken and lonely I m. From the childhood to grown up I have been pressured to be perfect. I never had the chance to think what I want, what's my opinion. All I just have to follow your words like a puppet."