How It Works

🌻

Rules

🌻 We accept all kinds of genres and books, including poetry. However, all stories must adhere to Wattpad's content guidelines. As such, members are required to read their partner's books regardless of preference. We try to pair around preferences, but cannot guarantee this.

🌻Only books written in English will be accepted.

🌻 Please follow the admins. They work hard to run this project!

🌻 We do not tolerate bullying of any kind. Comments are to be helpful and respectful.

🌻 Similarly, if you are responding to comments and critique left on your story, you must be respectful. Remember that the person commenting worked hard and spent their free time giving you critique.

🌻 If you need an extension on your assignment or a break (hiatus) from the Book Club, please PM this account to let us know. This must be done BEFORE the assignment is due. More info on extensions and hiatuses will be in the next chapter.

🌻 When you are paired with someone, that pairing can only be changed 24 hours after the bloom is posted, so if you have any issues, let us know early.

🌻 You must have at minimum 4 chapters of content in your book (this does not include an intro, aesthetics, etc). 

🌻 You must be okay with LGBTQ+ content. We are fully inclusive of everyone here, so we will not take your LGBTQ+ preferences into account whatsoever.

🌻
Process

- After applying, all new applicants are labeled 'Seedlings' and must complete their first trial before graduating to full-fledged 'Standard Sunflower' members or 'Advanced Sunflower' members. If you go well beyond the feedback requirements, you can be asked to become an Advanced Sunflower, and if not, you will become a Standard Sunflower. They have different feedback expectations, as detailed below.

- Each week, members are swapped around into pairs, these assignments are called 'Blooms'.

- Each member must read two chapters of their partner's book and leave the required amount and quality of comments specified in the "Comment Requirements" section below.

- Once Sunflowers have completed their assignments, they must comment as an in-line comment beside their name in the most recent bloom to inform us that they have completed it.

EX: "Done. Chapters 1 & 2 of Partner's Book Title"

- Seedlings must tag FOOD_GODDESS_QUEEN in their inline comment when they are finished.

EX: "Done. @FOOD_GODDESS_QUEEN"

- New blooms are posted every Sunday ET and are due every Saturday at 3 pm ET.

- At the beginning of each month, one member is selected by the overall admin to be the BotM (Book of the Month) winner. This person has given the best reviews over the last month; it isn't just handed out to anyone.

- All other members have an entire month to read the BoTM before the specified deadline, which is usually the last day of the month. The requirements are the same as the bloom requirements for Standard Sunflowers, a little different for Advanced Sunflowers, and members must also complete their other assignments as well as the BotM.