Announcement [Important]

🌻

Hello, Sunflowers!

Great news! Our family is expanding. In the upcoming bloom, i.e. Bloom 75, Sunflower Book Club (SFBC) will be welcoming the members and admins of the Sunflower Writing Circle (SFWC). They will be joining us as permanent members of this club.

However, since the SFWC has an advanced set of comment requirements, we'll be having a different section for them. They will be put under "Advanced Sunflowers" while members originally from the SFBC will be put under "Standard Sunflowers".

Standard Sunflowers who are not in permanent pairings and have been in the SFBC for more than 3 weeks can DM us any time for permission to be moved up to the Advanced Sunflowers. Others who haven't been here that long will also get a chance to move up to the Advanced Sunflowers if they leave especially good feedback for three weeks in a row.

There will be different comment requirements for the two sections. All that will be explained in the How It Works and Comments chapters of this book. However, this applies to weekly assignments only. For the BotM assignment, everyone will be required to adhere to one set of rules, to avoid any unfairness in the competition to become the next BotM.

Evaluation for the seedling trials will remain the same. If any seedling leaves especially good comments during their trial, they would be invited to join the Advanced Sunflowers right away.

We understand all this information might be a little overwhelming to take in at one go. Trust me, it is a little overwhelming for us too. This is why we'll be running Bloom 75 as a trial run with the new updates in place. If by the end of it, you have any suggestions that you think will help us in running the club more smoothly, please feel free to DM us.

We would also like to use this announcement as an opportunity to invite any interested member to apply to be a comment checker. The only requirement to be a comment checker is an understanding of the rules of the club and the comment requirements. This is why we think this position is more suited for club members than someone external. If you're interested, please click on the link in the inline comment here or DM the SunflowerCommunity account.

~ Aura

🌻