July Book Of The Month

Hello everyone! As stated before, the deadline for the BotM has now been shifted to be on the last day of every month. Please remember that you may ask for a 2-day extension before the due date (31/07/23), if you think you can't complete it by then.

You are required to read the July BotM on or before the due date (31/07/23), by 11:59 PM ET, if you were a member (not a seedling) in Bloom 109. Failure to do so will result in a strike.

Please comment "done" along with chapter numbers when you are done with the BotM, so it is easier for us to check it. Otherwise, your assignment may get lost in the comments and you'll end up getting a strike for no reason.

-

How to be the next BotM?

The BotM is determined by the past four blooms (98,99,100,101) and the previous BotM (in this case, the June BotM). The previous BotM is the most important and, ultimately, what we look at when deciding the next Reviewer of the Month to have their book featured. Your comments must meet our standard requirements and provide adequate feedback to the writer. Remember, only one can be the BotM, so try to make your feedback stand out.

Again, just like last month:

Comments for this Book of the Month were mostly done correctly, focusing on quality more than quantity -- though keep in mind that your quantity does need to meet the requirements. Most importantly, everyone did the Book of the Month this time! One thing that I did notice was that members would leave very detailed in-line comments, but then their final comment would not meet the requirements. Remember, if you have less than seven in-line comments, your final comment needs to be over 5 sentences! Keep in mind that we try not to let BotM winners repeat within a six-month, or more, gap, so if you felt your comments were really above the expectations but you didn't get BotM, this is probably why.

Example:

Bloom #1 (10% of the point consideration)

Bloom #2 (10% of the point consideration)

Bloom #3 (10% of the point consideration)

Bloom #4 (10% of the point consideration)

Previous BotM (60% of the point consideration)

-

🌻BotM Winner🌻

Without further ado, please give a big round of applause LunarCastle July book of the month winner! Your book,

The Man In The Cave

is the winner for July

is the winner for July. Your comments were the most helpful and detailed over the past month.

-

Everyone Else

You must read 2 chapters of The Man In The Cave and leave the proper amount of feedback and comments. The requirements are the same as our standard bloom requirements. For Advanced Sunflowers, that means that your requirement is either a 5+ sentence final comment or a 7+ in-line comments with a two sentence final comment for BOTM. Please complete this by July 31st, 2023 and comment "Done" below, with the chapter numbers, or you will receive a strike.

You may ask for a 2-day extension if needed, but you must ask before it is due. If you were a member in Bloom 109 this applies to you, otherwise, you do not have to read the BotM for July.

-

**Please do not automatically read the Book of the Month. ONLY members (and not seedlings) in Bloom 109 are required to read the BotM for July**