June Book of the Month

Hello everyone! Happy Pride Month. 

This BotM will be due on July 1st, 2022 by 5pm ET. Please remember that you may ask for a 2-day extension before this date if you think you can't complete it by then, but you will only receive full consideration if you complete it by the 30th of June.

Please read the June BotM before the due date (7/1). If you were a member (not a seedling) in Bloom 61 you are required to read the BotM. Failure to do so will result in a strike.

Please comment "done" along with chapter numbers when you are done with the BotM, so it is easier for us to check it. Otherwise, your assignment may get lost in the comments and you'll end up getting a strike for no reason.

-

How to be the next BotM?

The BotM is determined by the past four blooms (Blooms 57, 58, 59, 60) and the previous BotM (in this case, the May BotM). The previous BotM is the most important and, ultimately, what we look at when deciding the next Reviewer of the Month to have their book featured. Your comments must meet our standard requirements and provide adequate feedback to the writer. Remember, only one can be the BotM, so try to make your feedback stand out.

In the last BotM, most comments were very appreciative and that's understandable. As long as these comments are also pointing out what aspect of the author's writing was worth appreciating and what their strengths are, and are not limited to simple compliments, I have nothing to say. Please remember that you do really need to go into detail with your comments if you want to be the next BotM. If you have no criticism, that's fine, but you should go into why you didn't have any criticism. And I mean really go into it! If you do have criticism, try to avoid vagueness. Feel free to speak broadly in your overall comment at the end, but if you have no inlines throughout the chapter, I'm expecting you to speak on specifics. If "some words" need to be replaced, say what those words are! So in other words: vagueness is fine when there are inline comments, not fine when there aren't inline comments.

Example:

Bloom #1 (10% of the point consideration)

Bloom #2 (10% of the point consideration)

Bloom #3 (10% of the point consideration)

Bloom #4 (10% of the point consideration)

Previous BotM (60% of the point consideration)

-

🌻BotM Winner🌻

Without further ado, please give a big round of applause to stargazer912 for being our May Book of the Month winner! Your book,

The Art Heist

is the winner for June

is the winner for June. Your comments were the most helpful and detailed over the past month. Please PM to claim your June BotM sticker and banner.

-

Everyone Else

You must read 2 chapters of "The Art Heist" and leave the proper amount of feedback and comments. The requirements are the same as our standard bloom requirements. Please complete this by July 1st, 2022 and comment "Done" below or you will receive a strike.

You may ask for a 2-day extension if needed, but you must ask before it is due. If you were a member in Bloom 61, this applies to you, otherwise, you do not have to read the BotM for June.

-

**Please do not automatically read the Book of the Month. ONLY members (and not seedlings) in Bloom 61 are required to read the BotM for June**