Chapter

I scanned the whole laptop to check if I forgot something, umiling ako at nilingon ang katabi ko. "It's good," I told Chase but his attention is on his phone.

I arched my brows, does my friend finally found a woman for his life?

I chuckled.

He suddenly glanced at me, brows already furrowed. We are currently at the cafe, we are working on a personal project.

Specifically, my house.

We have to talk it out outside because when relatives get to know about it, news spread like wildfires. They may give unsolicited ideas.

"What's wrong with you?" tanong nito.

"I'm okay with this," I answered instead lightly pushing the laptop to him.

Tumango-tango siya, "Just text me in case you wanted to change it." He looked at the glass wall, he must be expecting someone.

"You already have a woman,huh." I said teasingly.

"Faux."

Nagkibit-balikat ako nang bigla siyang tumayo at salubungin ang pagbukas ng sasakyan sa harap ng coffee shop, Chase opened the door and it revealed the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.

I averted my gaze to the laptop, trying to focus my eyes on it. But from my peripheral view I can see how her hood fall and revealed her brown straight hair that complements her light skin.

She's just wearing a gray hoodie and black leggings but almost all the customers' attention was already on her. Hindi ko alam kung matutuwa ako na hindi niya man lang natapunan ng tingin ang paligid, she was focused on telling something to Chase and Chain. Hindi ko na napansin ang pagpasok ni Nathan sa loob.

I tilted my head and move to a table closer to them. Chase proceeded to counter while Nathan to the direction of the bathroom. Itinapat ko ang mga mata sa laptop but I can still see them and hear.

She was too engaged in her phone, I think she's playing by the way she is tilting her phone. Hindi niya man lang nararamdaman na ilan na kaming kanina patingin-tingin sa kanya. I look at the boy who suddenly stood-up after a while of staring at him.

"Excuse me," the boy successfully got their attention.

Tumaas ang kilay ng mga ito. Chain was the one to respond first, "What do you need, lalake?" masungit na tanong nito.

The boy showed a boyish grin but Chain just rolled his eyes, he is not the type of gay who would easily fall for charms though. I intently looked at the girl who is now directing a questioning eyes to the boy.

"Can I get your number?"

Bull-

"Hindi pwede,"

My eyebrows started to furrow, thankfully she didn't give it but I wonder if... she's taken?

Chase suddenly came ignoring the presence of the boy, pati ang babae ay napunta ang atensyon sa inorder ni Chase. She smiled and I heard her thanked him.

"Good girl, couz." Chain commented and the girl just shrugged and proceeded to her food.

Mabilis kong naiwas ang mata ko ng dumating si Nathan. I fakedly browse the laptop while my thoughts is on them. Cousin, huh. I never knew they have a cousin, must be Nathan's sister.

"I need to go, bro." Chase sitted in front of me. He didn't bother to ask why I changed my table. Should be, I don't know either.

Tumango ako, bago pa ako makapagsalita ay napalingon na si Chain sa pwesto ko.