Untold moment

"Since when did you realize you fell in love with me?"

My wife's question rings to my head, I never get to answer that. Is it necessary though? The most important is you know that you genuinely fell in love.

But reminiscing that specific time, that ecstatic moment again...

I smiled.

I changed my mind, it's somehow necessary.

Napatigil ako sa pagtitipa ng kung ano sa aking laptop ng may kumatok. There's always a day I chose to work at home especially if there's no meetings I need to attend or go to.

I'm sure that's my wife. The way she knocks is different when it's Manang. Tatlong sunod-sunod na katok, and short silence will follow after. That's how she do it. Manang will speak at the same time she knocked. Call me impossible for knowing the details, but it's just the way it is.

"Come in, wife." I yelled in controlled voice.

I quickly pressed my lips to stifle a smile as she gets in. Sinara niya nang marahan ang pinto bago naglakad papalapit sa akin. Wearing her usual pambahays, a plain color ternos.

But dang, she's so beautiful.

"Have you eaten?" I asked, talking about her just got home snacks. Isang oras na ang nakalipas ng makauwi siya kanina.

Maliit siyang tumango. She rarely speaks though, parehas kami. I don't know if we'll be labeled as peaceful or just quiet.

I slide my swivel chair a little more at the side to focus my attention on her.

"Uh..." Itinaas niya ang papel na hawak niya. My eyes directed at the paper. Umupo siya sa katapat na upuan at inilapag iyon sa harap ko. "We have an event at school."

I licked my lower lip as I lifted the paper. Sinimulan ko iyon basahin, she's just sitting in a butterfly position, comfortably while waiting for me to finish.

It's a program invitation for her, a one day team-building. Sa makalawa na. That's nice. The venue is just 3-hours drive away.

Tumango-tango ako sa kanya, "I let Manong drive you there."

She bit her lip, kita ko ang bahagyang pag-aalangan sa kanya. Though I wanted to ask I remain quiet and waited for her response.

"Can I... join the bus instead?" Her voice is hopeful.

I pursed my lips. I am never a fan of her hesitancies towards me, but I really love encountering this side. Minsan lang siya ganito. This is so much better than seeing her just nod and shake her head.

"You can," I confidently answered. Who am I to say no? It's good that she's finally adapting to these kind of situations. Alam kong hindi naman siya sanay sa mga ganito noon, to see that she wanted to try—I'll be more willing to let her.

I understand why her parents have been that too protective of her, but I can assure them too that I'll be able to take care of her while letting things happen that she wanted to try and experience.

Putting bodyguards for her isn't bad right? Besides, only for a little time. Umuuwi naman siya kaagad.

"Call me if you need anything," agad na saad ko nang pagbuksan ko siya ng pinto ng kotse. I decided to send her to school where their bus is.

"Okay." Reese answered, giving me an assuring nod as she get out of the car. Napangiti na lang ako ng humalik siya sa pisngi ko at agad na tinahak ang bus nila.

How would it feel if soon, instead of watching her to leave for their university event... we'll watch our kids go to school?

Dang.