Dark Corners and Chit Chats

It was dark in the broom closet. The only light came from the crack under the door. Other than that, Jade was alone with Allison.

Their tongues danced happily. The girl with a short blonde pixie cut had her hands on Jade's waist, pulling her closer. Meanwhile, Jade's hand trailed from the collar of her shirt to the other girl's hair. 

Jade's phone lit up, signalling she had a message from her brother. 

Thanks to Arthur Weasley, they had the W-Phones. Muggle cell phones invented for wizards to use. They had all the apps and websites muggles had, with an extension. Some apps were designed strictly for wizards and witches. 

"That's my cue," Jade said, stepping back. "Sorry to cut this short, but I have to go."

And Jade was gone. 

As she walked down the corridor, she adjusted her green and black plaid skirt. 

And she ran into a wall. More specifically . . .her father. 

"Run, Jade!" Sirius advised. "It's the only way!"

"When has running ever helped you, Siri?" Lily asked. 

"Jade," Harry said sternly with his arms crossed over his chest as he looked down at his daughter, taking in her apparel. 

Her clothes were messy. Her tie was lose as was the collar of her white button-up shirt. Her black fishnet leggings ran under her green and black plaid skirt. Her combat boots were spotless, void of dirt. Her hair was messier than normal.

"Hey, Dad!" She grinned. 

"What are you doing in this populated corridor?" Harry raised a brow. 

There were no people in the corridor. It was just Jade looking up at her father. 

"Visiting the dust bunnies."

"Oh sweet Merlin," Marlene groaned. 

Regulus was losing it as loud laughs fell from his lips. 

"The dust bunnies?" Harry repeated. 

"Yeah. The dust bunnies are rather lonely," Jade nodded sincerely. 

"And how are the 'dust bunnies' today?"

"They're lovely!" Jade grinned as her green eyes shone with mischief. "They send their regards."

"Right. And dust bunnies gave you those hickeys?" 

"No."

"Than how did you get those hickeys, Jade?"

"They aren't hickeys."

"Then what are they?"

"Marker," Jade shrugged. "El and I were throwing markers at each other and one stabbed my neck."

Remus was cackling as Tonks shook her head. 

"Marker?" Sirius cried increduously. "That's the best you could come up with?"

"It's better than the time Nova tried convincing you two that the blood quill scares were hickeys Shadow gave her," Dorcas remarked. 

The all black cat in question trotted into the room before sitting in Remus's lap. 

"Marker?" Harry repeated deadpan. 

"Yeah," Jade nodded. She took her hand and wiped it across her neck. "See. There. All gone."

"Whatever you say, Jade," Harry stated, knowing it was actually just a cloaking spell. He knew because Nova used to use similar ones. 

***