The Change In Color

Many things can cause a change in color. Physically speaking, it could be the mixing of two or more colors. In a spiritual sense, it's a change in the aura. In the implication of spells, it's a chance of eye color. 

That's exactly what happened to him. He is nothing more than a boy. A boy with big dreams. A boy with a love for music and quidditch. A boy that saw everything full of life and color. A boy with the deepest admiration for his mother. A boy that would give anything for those he loves. A boy that has always been on the same page as his sister . . . call it a twin thing. A boy that's heart ached to be loved by someone else . . . someone specific. 

A boy that was pulled into the mists of a pointless battle. 

An innocent boy that wanted to live his life. 

A kind boy that fell into the trap because he believed someone he cared for needed his help. 

That's all it took for her to separate him from his group of friends. His family

All it took was this girl, some fancy words, and vendetta to change everything. 

He was no longer the boy with big dreams. He was no longer that boy that say the world in color. He was no longer the boy that admired his hero, his inspiration . . . his mother. He was no longer the boy that would give anything for those he loves. He was no longer the boy that has always been on the same page as his sister . . . in fact they were practically different books. He was no longer the boy that held a deep love for music and quidditch. He was no longer that boy wanted to be loved by Elyse Wood. 

In fact, he could care less. About her. About his mother. About his father. About his transgender little brother. About his twin sister. About his annoying little sister. About Marco. About Freddy. About Roxanne. About Aunt Hermione and Uncle Ron . . . you know, his godparents. About his cousins. About anything. 

Some say that's what depression feels like. That's true. 

But he wasn't depressed . . . or at least that's not what caused his change. 

With the mention of a girl, one might think it means he fell in love. But they wouldn't be more wrong. Especially not the way he watched his parents love all his life. The way he saw love was only the kind people believed in fairy tales. 

The kind that makes your dark grey world filled with color. The kind that makes your heart soar. The kind that makes you want to sing it to the world. The kind that doesn't take away from you, but rather adds to who you are. The kind that accepts your flaws. 

But what happened to the poor, unfortunate boy was nothing like that. 

What happened to James Sirius Potter was enough to put Merope Riddle to shame. 

FIVE HOURS AGO

"Why are we, Hogwarts Students, throwing the victory party for the students of Illvermorny?" Jade grumbled as she flopped onto the couch in the Gryffindor Common Room. "They should throw their own party."

"Well, Jazz, you'd hate it if I came to your house and threw a party," Marco shrugged as his dark brown eyes scanned the parchment in his hands. "They don't have anywhere to host a party considering it's 'Hogwarts Territory' as you so kindly told Skylynn when she asked for a tour."

"Sounds like her problem, if I'm being honest," Elyse stated. Her hatred and jealousy for Skylynn grew greatly over the past couple of weeks. Everywhere she went, she saw Skylynn talking to James. 

"Come on, Jade!" James grinned as he leaned over the back of the couch so his face was hovering over hers. "What would mum say about your lack of hospitality?"