Parties, Pain, and More Pain

It wasn't much of a hard choice when the Potter Twins were chosen to be apart of the Hogwarts Quidditch team. Nor was it hard for them to chose Elyse Wood as the keeper and Freddie as a beater.

Unfortunately, it was decided that Lily Minerva would not be playing as the seeker. She was determined to be "too young." Aside from Lily, the youngest player on any of the teams was a fifth year. It was determined by the headmasters no one young than the age of fourteen was allowed to play. Meaning Lily, who was only twelve, couldn't play.

She was furious to say the least.

"That's bullshit!" she swore, kicking over a plant.

"Easy there, tiger," James whistled from the side as he watched his sister's anger get the best of her.

"Don't you dare!" she hissed. "You get to play!"

"Lils," Ruby said calmly despite her growing irritation. "You can still play-"

"But I want to play in the tournament!" she exclaimed, her red pony-tail whipping around her face as she turned to face her sister. "This was my chance to get recognized by scouts-"

"Merlin, Lily!" Jade exclaimed. "You're twelve. There's always next year-"

Lily kicked the wall.

A fact known only to the Potters and close family friends was that Lily Potter struggled with her rage. It wasn't often that her rage got the best of her, she was normally able to call the storm before it came. But not all of the time.

All it takes is one incident and it all comes back to the surface.

"But this was my chance to prove myself!"

"Prove what?" Ruby asked, remaining calm. It always angered Lily how her sister could be so calm. It angered her how her sister could control her emotions and she couldn't. "Lily, you're already an amazing player-"

"I wanted to prove that I'm just as good as dad!"

Everything fell silent.

Marco, who had come to find Jade, observed the situation before slowly walking out.

"Lils," James said softly.

"What?" she shouted.

"You're an amazing seeker," he said calmly, kneeling down in front of her. "If you want to make mum and dad proud . . . Lily, they already are. You don't even have to play Quidditch to make them proud. Look at Ruby, they're proud of her. She doesn't play."

"But Ruby-" Lily's words died in her throat.

She believed her parents were proud of Ruby because she had enough courage to come out as transgender. That was something brave. Their parents were brave.

Lily believed that her parents were proud of all of their kids because they've done impressive things. She believed they were proud of Teddy because he is top of his class in Auror training. She believes they are proud of James because he is Quidditch captain along with Jade. She believes they are proud of James because he excels in school. She believes they are proud of Jade because she stands up for what she believes in.

She didn't believe that Nova and Harry Potter were proud of their children because they loved them.

"Lily," Ruby said calmly. "You don't have to prove anything."

"But dad is a hero, so is mum," she said slowly. "I want to prove that I am worthy of them as parents-"

"Lily," Jade said quickly. "You are worthy. Even if you weren't, it doesn't matter. Mum and Dad are both proud of you. They both love you."